Vanalla's Landfall Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanalla

Jr Member
hey guys,

alright here it is i'll try to update as i can but you know how it is.

so i'm starting my first project here at 405th, I've been reading the forums for about 3 months. So hell I figured it was about time for me to get off my but and get started. so i headed down to the store, picked up some cardstock and hot glue, downloaded pepakura, and got started. enough jibborish now, lets get started.

here are some pics of my first pep.
it is the ODST main chest piece.
front
Picture002-1.jpg

inside
Picture003.jpg

top left
Picture006.jpg

sorry for the blurryness on the inside picture.
once agein thanks to:
Belakor
SkullcandyGirl
Adam
countless others.

hopefully life won't pull a fast one on me and i'll get this updated every now and then.
till then

hey here's another small update

by the way thanks for the love unsc_marine, its nice to be noticed :D

here are some pictures of the middle chest piece
front
Picture008.jpg

inside
Picture009.jpg

top left
Picture010.jpg

both pieces together
Picture011.jpg

i totally killed my fingers on this one. this was arguably the most irritating piece so far so, thats my excuse for it not turning out all that great. One thing I'm still deciding on is wether or not I should use the 'glass and resin method or the hot glue method for reinforcment.
Any suggestions would be great.

Looking good so far! Im making the same one, but im using the ones unfolded by Ral Partha, and Im using the helmet modeled by NZ-TK. (the original extreme HD one) Im just barely ahead of you, I have the torso, main chest plate, mid chest plate and main chest pads done.

Just a tip, don't bother making the back pad pieces, there almost pointless. If you look REALY closely at the WETA back, all the way from the buckle in the front to the end of the piece on the back, its all one piece. Just get some layers of thin black fome, thats what im doing. Cut out the pieces needed (depending on thickness of fome, 2-5 identical parts for each side) and glue them togeather. Than add the buckels and a strap on top, put it on the armour, and TA DA! Just like the WETA one!

Anyhow, so far, you're work looks to be promising and I look forward to seeing it finished!

CHEERS!

Update time!!!

here's the newly pepped piece.
front
Picture013.jpg

altogether
Picture014.jpg

I decided to post less pictures so that I can be "internet green" ;) Thanks for the suggestion, Xtreme I never noticed the misplaced backpads. I'll keep that in mind before I waste the cardstock.

I guess that I can't be too arrogant about this or else I'll jinx it. This is me asking you guys to be as critical as possible to me so I can be better. It'd be great
Just no quote"YORE ARMR SUCS" end quote
(I'm also getting another point across that just because you can't spell, doesn't mean your cool) :cool:
(by the way what is the proper way to say good-bye on a forum?)
See Ya

I love it when some pep comes together!

It looks good and like you are coming along with it nice and quick. Shouldn't be too long before you are piled up with a full ODST suit

Glad I could help.

The armour is coming alond great! Just remember, some parts are covered by cloth, and others are just the armour part. If you're ever having any trouble with making a part, just PM me and I'll be glad to walk you through it.

CHEERS!

hey guys, thanks for the compliments. :D

I have a quick question.
when fiberglassing, do you soak the fiberglass in resin?
and if so, does it have the same texture and properties of when you soak a piece of paper in mache?(sticky, heavy, flops around)
I'm building the next piece as you read this.
hopefully pics will be up tonight.

later all!

sorry about the double post guys but it looks like SOMEBODY and I'm not saying who (little sister) deleted all my pep files. :mad: :mad: :mad:
so I have to download them all again
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

vanalla said:
sorry about the double post guys but it looks like SOMEBODY and I'm not saying who (little sister) deleted all my pep files. :mad: :mad: :mad:
so I have to download them all again
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

lol looks good tho man

Last edited by a moderator:
YES! After yelling at my sister(had fun doin that) :D I finally got the second half of the side chest pieces done!

front
Picture018.jpg

altogether
Picture016.jpg

I probably won't get another piece out tommorrow because I'll be out of town. So I'll try to get two done on saturday.

Later All!

wow they look great. i was guna say they kinda look mesys and dirty but if tey are is it from gluing cuz i get that. i glue something and cuz my fingers are dirty my pep gets dirty :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back