Soft Parts Vault Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanianreborn

Jr Member
Hey y'all, ever since popping in, rather downloading, Fallout 1, I have been toying with the idea of creating a Vault Suit, and with the release of Fallout 3, I am once again thinking about it.

Now thanks to F3 I have a better view of the jump suit, even though it is unlike the West Coast vault suits I find it more realistic and therefor a target for my wants and needs, I'm addicted to fallout it seems.

Any tips on what a good base for the suit would be appreciated, and since I am planning on doing the number based on my own Vault concept, vault 45, a vault containing descendants of convicts and prison/military guards, so I can afford a more 'tacticool' approach than the Capital Wasteland Vault suits.

Also any tips on "Armorizing" the Vault suit would be welcome.

Ah yes, almost forgot, I am not constrained to the normal Blue/Yellow color scheme.

first off, id recommend trying to aquire a copy of hte concept art book,
my gods its wonderful with all the various suits, armor, scribbled notes,

to uparmor the suit, id go with what they did with the raiders: car parts and old tires.

a simple "plate" could be a bent oval of metal, with bolts going threw it as spikes (actually used in game, raider painspike i think it is)
edit: to clarify, the "heads" of hte bolts are on teh inside, while the threaded end sticks out as a spike, bonus points if you take the time to actually grind them into semi-points
tires, when cut in the right shape, become "nonballistic armor padding"

becuse of the whole 'post apolypse' thing, theres really no limit to what suit addons can be made from, if it looks "sturdy" then tac that sucker on :0

for what its worth, im actaully in the planning stages of a few vault suits myself, although im probably going to get either just commerical blue coveralls, or flightsuits, and add the piping/details to them

edit2: actaully, for the "military guard' aspect, look for images of the vault 101 security suits and helmets

wow a second thread by you on a vault suit I guess your really wanting that suit.

and you can get a pair of mechanichs overalls to make you vault jumpsuit seeing as that is what they are is overalls

OW FORGOT A REQUEST. Someone was able to rip the ingame model for me. I dont really know who anymore :S sorry bro

But i have the 3d file right here on my desktop as whe speak. I was planning to make this baby pep duable. So if you can wait 3 more weeks...

Have to mutch to do right now...

I don't want pep, and when I said armorize, I meant like the Vault 101 armored jumpsuit.

I had a idea for the pouches and such. I could get, or do it myself, someone to create an across the shoulder strap and have them put some Molle loops on it, so I could attach my airsoft pouches to the strap, and have it connect to a similar belt.

I reckon I could form the shoulder armor from some leather and put some Molle straps on it and connect it that way.

*shrugs*

I also am thinking of going with a Black base with a normal vault blue replacing the yellow stripes, or tan and a black stripe.

So many color combos, but a good generic suit would be best maybe. I should start with a normal suit then move towards a armored variant.

fallout-3-screens-20080602094236022_640w.jpg

like this one?

Yeh but thanks to my vault's backstory I am afforded some leeway when armoring it.

So any tips on a base? I am thinking a flight suit for a first time thing, then heading towards a more accurate production, involving sewing and stuffs.

You should use Denim for fabric, that is what im going to use when i make mine.
The Game Character has long leather cuffs on both arms (one is under the Pipboy 3000) He also has a control box that is on chest and a wire that comes over his shoulder which sits ontop of a leather band.

I think i will start by making the Pipboy

/Conny

kanianreborn said:
I wouldn't, that thing ain't worth the money, it don't even got a alarm in it. I ain't even gonna do a Pipboy when I start on the suit, to much hassle.

Thats a good pic though Camp3r, my concept book aint got that one in it.
Most people that have bought it, have complained about the electronics not working after a few days and it eats batteries as crazy.
I found a Pepakura file for the Pipboy, Just going to remake it a little bit.

/Conny

Last edited by a moderator:
I just thaught I'd add to the post by saying that I am in the process of making an armored vault suit. It is very easy. If anyone has questions please ask. I know how to make it. I'm actually thinking about starting to sell them after I get finished with the prototype.

Gearsofhalo said:
I just thaught I'd add to the post by saying that I am in the process of making an armored vault suit. It is very easy. If anyone has questions please ask. I know how to make it. I'm actually thinking about starting to sell them after I get finished with the prototype.

Great, Post some progress pictures of your suit.

The Swedish Chief said:
Most people that have bought it, have complained about the electronics not working after a few days and it eats batteries as crazy.
I found a Pepakura file for the Pipboy, Just going to remake it a little bit.

/Conny

Sweet man, I have the file for it as well, but as it is it would be impossible! alot of the detail needs to be "dumbed down" a bit.

Spartan857 said:
Sweet man, I have the file for it as well, but as it is it would be impossible! alot of the detail needs to be "dumbed down" a bit.
Yeah, but im thinking about building up some of the details in styrene or something else.
I have a vacuum machine so i might make some things on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back