Very First Armor And Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordon321

So I started a week ago and already have a pepped hi-res MKVI helmet, chest/back armor, right forearm (did twice for correct size), hi-res hand plate, pelvis piece, and assault rifle halo 3 ver.

Had to do the helmet a second time as well since my first was computer paper and lower resolution, but that was my first time, I think I got a near perfect helmet now and am very satisfied with my progress, I didn't think I could actually do this until I made the first helmet and got so excited about it I went out and bought all the card stock I could possibly need and made the torso in one night. I've been learning new techniques along the way to, just got into scoring which give way better, cleaner results (just takes more time).

So as of now here is my progress...(oh and thumbnails get alot bigger when clicked on btw)

The chest looks good, but I must say, just a tad big for ya. But everything folded here looks excellent.

drgon47 said:
The chest looks good, but I must say, just a tad big for ya. But everything folded here looks excellent.

Thank you, and quite honestly when I made the chest I was hoping the defaul size (master chief's size I guess) would work for me so I chose not the scale it but it's not bad for the size, makes me look bigger lol, well now that I have the forarm finished pepped I can do the left side easily, still deciding if i'm going to do the 1-piece or 2-piece shoulders tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting the scale down to the right size is a bit tricky, but if it is to big just think of it as getting the hang of it. I have a few oversized & one undersize piece myself.

Looks good other than that, keep it going.

Nice work here!

Be very careful when you are stiffening your Assault Rifle there.

I had the same sizing issue with my first forearm peice, and the second and the third LOL. then i got the hang of it and learned the valuable lesson of measure twice cut once. You'd think i would have learned that in Mr. Troxel's shop class 8 years ago. "so thats why my clock and bookshelf was crooked?"

dmastachief said:
i like it but as for the scale this might not help you but when i did some of my armor i scaled it down by 10%

yea thats actually what i've been doing now lol

SwedishNinja said:
I had the same sizing issue with my first forearm peice, and the second and the third LOL. then i got the hang of it and learned the valuable lesson of measure twice cut once. You'd think i would have learned that in Mr. Troxel's shop class 8 years ago. "so thats why my clock and bookshelf was crooked?"

LMAO I was waiting for someone to use johnson's bip bap bam in their sig lol

CodeRed said:
looks real good which helmet file did you use?

It was one of Robogenesis's files

GMer56 said:
Nice work here!

Be very careful when you are stiffening your Assault Rifle there.

I was actually wondering how I should go about doing that. any tips? i was thinking maybe cut a small hole in the stock and funnel some resin inside and just work it around first.

corby said:
Great pep work! But the helmet doesn't look high-def; it looks like robogenesis' medium-def one.

thatnk you and it might be the medium-def, im not sure bc the ones I saw didn't look much differint other than the side tube things werent there and there were a web of supports inside of them lol

Oh and sorry for the multi post, didn't realze there was a multi quote thing

agsdage.jpg

fcghch.jpg

estg.jpg

dfgh.jpg

Some people put a layer of resin on their piece, then fill it with expanding foam (need to make sure all holes are closed)

Personally, I trace the pep parts onto corrugated cardboard and assembled them from there. But it is up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back