Very Important Warning About Original Zune 30gb's

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacbury

link
just read about this on bungie.net apparently all zune 30s are bricking when plugged in... including mine :(
so if you want yours intact until Microsoft does something about this dont plug it into your computer.

I saw an article like this on Digg about an hour ago. I had to go turn mine on, just to be sure. lol

My 120 works fine, so it must just be the 30's that are screwing up.

I love my Zune, but this is kinda funny. ^.^

lol, zunes... :lol: Chuck (the television show) had a funny joke about Zunes in one of their last episodes. ill go look for it....

pacbury said:
i have insurance so im just going to wait for Microsoft to do something or get a new one sent to me
It's a firmware problem, so it doesn't matter if they send you a new one or not. It won't work if you have the newest update.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes but they need updating to the latest firmware when you get a new one, so ill just use the installation disk on a machine not connected to the internet and ill have a working zune again

Spartan117x said:
lol

My friend had a Creative MP3 player, and he dropped it on carpet, and the plastic case that held the innards together shattered.

I have dropped my iPod on concrete multiple times, and although it is scratched, it works perfectly.

I have a crappy 512mb rca mp3 player my niece gave me........doesnt hold much in terms of songs or battery life........but a nice player for free. I wanna get an ipood........one of the larger ones, cause I lose small stuff easily.

Tater Mane said:
lol

My friend had a Creative MP3 player, and he dropped it on carpet, and the plastic case that held the innards together shattered.

I have dropped my iPod on concrete multiple times, and although it is scratched, it works perfectly.
I agree, my old Ipod was quite durable, and creative labs makes quite fragile things, but I'd rather not be with the main stream and get one for the social status.

I never buy things because they are the "cool" thing to have. The only reason I have the Touch is because it was a gift, and I can play NES games on it.

The only reason I have a zune is because it has a huge screen for videos and it was a major upgrade from my 1st gen nano, also because it had more memory than the touch.

I just turned on my Halo 3 Zune this morning (Yes, its a 30g but who could resist), and it wouldn't let me do anything.I was going to finish watching the Star Wars series for the first time, got all the episodes on my Zune, then "KABOOM". No more Zune. I thought it was just mine, thank gosh. Anyway I was in such a bad mood, thinking "First my Xbox, Now my Zune?"
Wow microsoft really needs to test out there products before they rush it out onto the market. I might go buy an Ipod and a PS3. Anyway thanks for the heads up just lightened my day. Today is also my mom's birthday. :). Anyway Im not so freaked out now lol. Thanks.

EDIT: P.S. My dad has an Itouch and a Iphone, I love them pretty durable and very fun to use.

Leadingspartan said:
I just turned on my Halo 3 Zune this morning (Yes, its a 30g but who could resist), and it wouldn't let me do anything.I was going to finish watching the Star Wars series for the first time, got all the episodes on my Zune, then "KABOOM". No more Zune. I thought it was just mine, thank gosh. Anyway I was in such a bad mood, thinking "First my Xbox, Now my Zune?"
Wow microsoft really needs to test out there products before they rush it out onto the market. I might go buy an Ipod and a PS3. Anyway thanks for the heads up just lightened my day. Today is also my mom's birthday. :). Anyway Im not so freaked out now lol. Thanks.
PS3?

Other than free online (but without any good games, whats the point?) and the ability to play Blu-Ray movies, it is not that good of a machine.

Tater Mane said:
PS3?

Other than free online (but without any good games, whats the point?) and the ability to play Blu-Ray movies, it is not that good of a machine.
Its a last resort. When i absolutely can't stand Microsoft anymore. Im heading there. Anyway did you here about the internet explorer error? Microsoft is really doing bad lately. My family is also having a strain of bad luck. My brother threw a giant flashlight at our patio glass slide door and it broke the whole thing. When we went to home depot for a new one it was $750.00!!!! :eek: Lots of badluck.

EDIT: I love the NES Emulator, Guitar Hero Tap It (Google it) and the iBeer apps. There awesome. Also i love Brothers in Arms on the iTouch/Iphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back