Video Messages for a Young Spartan

Status
Not open for further replies.

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
Hello Canadian Regiment and the rest of the 405th!

Viper 466 has been in touch with the Aunt of a young boy named Alberto who lives in the Monterrey area who has been undergoing chemotherapy. He is about to start another round in January. Alberto is 14 and a huge Halo fan!

Viper 466 (Micheal) is going to be doing a video message for Alberto. I've also been in touch with AZTLAN who is going to check with members in the area to see if someone has gear that can do an in person visit.

Micheal would like to see if he can get some other messages to add in with his to help cheer Alberto. If anyone would like to participate, please post in this thread and tag Viper 466 so that Micheal - and yes, that is how his name is spelled - can organize them all!

For anyone interested in doing this, the key is to not focus on the fact that Alberto is sick, but rather on the fact that he is a warrior and we're all behind him. If you have a story to share about how much costuming as Halo characters means to you that's also great to add.

Any questions?

I volunteer either my Spartan or ODST to service.

Viper 466, if you require a follow-up video around April-May time period I think we know what needs to be done.

EDIT:
Question for FANGS, do you know if we can manage to get a mailing address to send a fun care package of Halo related merch? I'm not one for good luck charms but having something physical from someone that's cheering you on is always rad.

I asked about sending a care package, will update once I know what’s on the go. Currently he’s resting as his immune system rebuilds itself. I’m told if we get cleared any package will take roughly 4 weeks to arrive.

I’m going to be donning the Chief as he’s my most known rig and recording it this coming weekend. Any help is appreciated!

I asked about sending a care package, will update once I know what’s on the go. Currently he’s resting as his immune system rebuilds itself. I’m told if we get cleared any package will take roughly 4 weeks to arrive.

I’m going to be donning the Chief as he’s my most known rig and recording it this coming weekend. Any help is appreciated!

I use my ODST as my avatar but the Spartan probably is my most recognized?

Is this going to be purely recorded or is there a planned videochat/facetime type thing?

Purely recorded I think might be the easiest to do right now with the holidays and everything going on. We got the green light for a package to go, I'm currently pondering what to box up and send out. Will chat with you via voip or some such.

Schankerz and Dirtdives much appreciated!

I’m going to be recordig today, I’m hoping to have everything done and ready to go by at the latest Jan 4th. I’ve been getting donations for a care package in on my end but with Christmas now, it makes it a little tough.

After calling all over the city I have the following items for a care package:

1 Halo Helmet - Confirmed on pick up, is a Rubies H3 Chief from 2012.
1 Issue 1 Halo Lone Wolf
1 Master Chief Cortana Pop
1 Sgt Johnson Pop
1 Pair Master Chief Halo Socks
1 Megaconstrux ODST Plus Drop Pod Megaconstrux - swapped for the Chief
1 Banished Banshee vs Spartan - Megaconstrux
1 405 Coin
6-8 Misc. Halo comics.(picking them up this week) looks like escalation 2,4,5,6,7 one part of Boot Camp and 2 duplicates.
1 Print of Myself and BlazedStarbon as Chief and Cortana
1 Halo 3 McFarlane Cortana
1 Halo 3 McFarlane Captain Keyes
1 Halo 3 McFarlane Smol Ghost
1 Rise of Atriox - Hard Cover
1 Halo Escalation Trade vol 3.
1 Halo Escalation Trade Vol 4.
1 Xbox Water Bottle
1 Xbox Hat
1 Xbox mint tin
1 Xbox chapstick
1 Xbox pin
1 Xbox control pin
1 Poster content unknown
1 Signed card from MS Wem
1 Totaku Master Chief Eb Exclusive

TurboCharizard is also kicking in a few items.

I’ve also called indigo about potentially getting a couple of Halo novels, and I’m waiting to hear back from a few others. Will update this as I go.

Updates
-added items from EB Games manager
-added TRU Discount items and stuff I chipped in
-added Comic titles From Wizard's Comics
-added items from Comic Fever
-added items from Collectors Edge
-added Happy Harbor items
-added Microsoft West Edmonton Mall items

Removed totaku chief from me, added the one from microsoft.

Last edited:
So... this thing exploded. My vid is recorded and ready to chop. Anyone else if you guys are in, google drive or drop box me. Dm me for an email.

Update on Alberto is they had to accelerate his second round of chemo so he’s been through and is out again.

I’m going to try to mail this thing out this week. Much like Quint from jaws I’m gonna need a bigger boat... or box even.

DE552C88-087E-4271-8D4F-C6682556358F.jpeg

Viper 466, can you throw me some more information to pr@405th.com? I'd like to see if I can boost some of this to social media. Also, I'd like to participate in some fashion as well.

Everyone that is involved, please drop me your social media links, as when this -does- go down, as I'll want to call you out. :)
What kind of info do you need in full?

Sorry about that, Viper 466. It's more just general things, honestly. Number of people involved, that sort of stuff. Honestly, if you think it's important, you can totally throw it my way. :)

Anyone Contributing videos/items I need you to sound off. I'm packing this box up tonight and hitting the post office Friday. Video message package will be sent the same day.

Sorry about that, Viper 466. It's more just general things, honestly. Number of people involved, that sort of stuff. Honestly, if you think it's important, you can totally throw it my way. :)
Right now to my knowledge TurboCharizard BlazedStarbon and Dirtdives for items/vids to contribute.

I know that FANGS and FlyinPhil have offered to help chip to cover costs on sending the box of stuff.

If you need a list of persons and what they donated then I can get you that later on tonight.

Right now to my knowledge TurboCharizard BlazedStarbon and Dirtdives for items/vids to contribute.

I know that FANGS and FlyinPhil have offered to help chip to cover costs on sending the box of stuff.

If you need a list of persons and what they donated then I can get you that later on tonight.

My box of goodies is already on it's way to the rally point and has a collection of H3 medals and a novel.

What's the plan with the video footage? Are we going to compile it into one long video or send off individuals?

Viper 466 I will have a video for you Thursday evening (tomorrow).

I’d suggest google drive or drop box. If you think making everything into one video would be easier, feel free to use me and I can always render it if you don’t have the time. Otherwise, ill send it to you however you’d like!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back