Virtual Cons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtdives2424

Division Scheduler and Keeper of Con Lists
Member DIN
S2424
Hey guys, with many of the cons either canceled or postponed till next year, here is a viable solution to easy our respective social distancing pains. Virtual Cons!!! I'm going back and scouring through the web and looking for any con that is going to happen, virtually. The best thing is, anyone, anywhere can attend....and even better, ticket prices range between 0 and minimal. Attend panels, Q&As, workshops, live tutorials. I'll be posting by date only, not by Regiment, and as I said anyone can attend. As I find them, I'll post. So check them out while I keep looking for more.......;). Welcome to the new normal.

Aniplex Online Fest July 4-5

Comic-Con Museum@Home July 22-26

CoNZealand July 29 -Aug 2

GenCon July 30 Aug 2

INBEON Con August 22

Name: Anime EXPO
Date: July 3-4 VIRTUAL
Events: Exhibitors, Artists Alley, Entertainment Hall, Academic Programs, AMV Competition, AMV Theater, Art Shows Autographs, AX Dance, Butler Cafe, Charity Auction, Community Stage, Concerts, Cosplay, E-Games, Fan Panels, Fashion Shows, Games Shows.

Name: Indi PopCon
Date: July 10-12
Events: Guests, Panels, Workshops, Hoosier Lottery, Cosplay Championships, Gaming, Charity Events, Artists, Exhibitors, Anime, Fantasy, Sci-Fi.
BE ADVISED, THIS CON WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY. THERE WILL BE NO ATTENDANCE PHYSICALLY.

Name: INBEONCON
Date: August 22 GOING VIRTUAL No Physical Attendance
Events: Long Island's Comic Con for Creatives! Celebrate your love of anime, comics, cosplay and gaming with us. Meet local artists, costume designers, animators and game developers to learn how to build amazing world in creative entertainment.

Name: DragonCon
Date: HAS GONE VIRTUAL, LABOR DAY SEPT 7th
Events: Live Performances, Artists Alley, Vendors, Gaming, Workshops, Assorted Contests, Walk of Fame, Photo OPs, Autographs, Cosplay and Cosplay Contest, Parade, Dragon Awards.

Name: Wasabi Con
Date: VIRTUAL Con Oct 3-4
Events: Lip Sync Battle, Costume Contest, Cosplay, Maid Cafe, Gaming, Artists Alley, Vendors.

Name: Siouxpercon
Date: OCT 3-4 VIRTUAL
Events: Cosplay, Panels, Q&A, Board/RPG/Video Gaming, Wrestling, Guests, Exhibits, Vendors, After Hours Events (18+)

Name: C3AFATokyo
Date: Online October 17-18
Events: Exhibitors, Cosplay and Cosplay Contest, Kids Zone, Live Musical Performances, Market Place, Anime, Multi Media Events.

Name: Game Start Asia
Date: ONLINE Oct 19-25
Events: Information Unavailable

Name: Chessie Con
Date: Nov 27-29 VIRTUAL ONLY
Events: Art Shows, Dealers, Fan Panels, Cosplay, Video Gaming, Miniature Gaming, Pick-up Games, RPGs, Workshops

Last edited:
Hey guys DD back at it again......It just makes me heart-sick to update the lists w/ more cancellations of Cons across the globe. I know that many of you are in states/countries where the Pandemic is beginning to blossom in to scary proportions. I've gone through that here in NY, and many of you have been keeping safe distance from others for a while now but things are getting worse in some states/countries.....almost to the level of NY at its height so that is pretty scary in of itself. I just wanted everyone to know that this will pass....It may take time, and a lot patience on our parts while the eggheads figure out how to beat this....(and they will, with Gods help)... but until then, we all can do our part.

Until then.....let's at least enjoy a bit of what we are used-to. CONS!!!! Well, Virtual Cons.....I went back through the all the lists, even the ones that were canceled early on. Some of them opted to go virtual so the list has just doubled!!! Yes even some of the biggest Cons are now on the "No Physical Attendance" list, like Dragon Con....and I'm sure that more will be added to the cancellation/postponed list. There are plenty of them that are "Pending" right now. As usual, I will update as frequently as possible.

Be safe and God bless.

I also took the liberty of contacting some of these cons in regards to panels that we might chair. If they are interested I'll post here and if anyone is interested in taking one of those chairs.......we can set something up.

I'd be down to sit in. I have a chair and stuff ready that I can stream from in my office still.

Ok so INBEONCON got back to me yesterday:

Hi Sam,

I am the showrunner and panel cordinator for this years Inbeoncon. We are doing a set of pre-recorded and live panels. If you are doing a pre-recorded panel, we would need it submitted by August 17th. If you are looking to do a live panel, we would link the platform on the panels page and share the links.

For live, we would just need to know the panel times, topic and pictures. For pre-record, we would need pictures and topics. Also all social media links for those participating in the panel. The goals of our panels are to showcase creativity and show case creators and their brands.

Any additional questions please don't heistate to reach out to me. Yes we would love to hear more from your group. Also if you know any cosplayers in your group and community that is intrested. We are taking cosplay video submissions at cosplay@inbeon.com. All submission videos are due by august 13th to give our judges time to reveiw them. Thank you for reaching out to us again and hope to hear from you soon.

Sebastain Bonet
CBO/ Showrunner
INBEON

Submission time is in 10 days. I know its a short rushed thing but its the only outlet we have right now to promote the 405th. Unfortunately for me this is on a Saturday and I can not attend (My Sabbath), but I could be persuaded to submit a pre-recorded video. I don't yet have a topic.....but would be willing to try anything. I will also be happy to be point on this if no one else minds or isn't interested, if that's ok w/ you Boss Lady......? Or would this be something for the PR team?

Last edited:
Ok so INBEONCON got back to me yesterday:

Hi Sam,

I am the showrunner and panel cordinator for this years Inbeoncon. We are doing a set of pre-recorded and live panels. If you are doing a pre-recorded panel, we would need it submitted by August 17th. If you are looking to do a live panel, we would link the platform on the panels page and share the links.

For live, we would just need to know the panel times, topic and pictures. For pre-record, we would need pictures and topics. Also all social media links for those participating in the panel. The goals of our panels are to showcase creativity and show case creators and their brands.

Any additional questions please don't heistate to reach out to me. Yes we would love to hear more from your group. Also if you know any cosplayers in your group and community that is intrested. We are taking cosplay video submissions at cosplay@inbeon.com. All submission videos are due by august 13th to give our judges time to reveiw them. Thank you for reaching out to us again and hope to hear from you soon.

Sebastain Bonet
CBO/ Showrunner
INBEON

Submission time is in 10 days. I know its a short rushed thing but its the only outlet we have right now to promote the 405th. Unfortunately for me this is on a Saturday and I can not attend (My Sabbath), but I could be persuaded to submit a pre-recorded video. I don't yet have a topic.....but would be willing to try anything. I will also be happy to be point on this if no one else minds or isn't interested, if that's ok w/ you Boss Lady......? Or would this be something for the PR team?

Do you have a run time for a pre-recorded and a live panel? I can prepare a presentation for each and start getting a panel team together.

This was just the first time I spoke to the gentleman, so other than that he would love for us to participate, I have no other info.

depending on when and the topic I could be interested in participating in something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back