Visor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperFly1414

Hello 405th!

I am just starting my first build, and I just got my visor in. I am making myself a Pathfinder helm from Halo4 and I was wondering what the best way to get the bends in the visor or the best way to cut the visor without damaging it. Thank you for reading and helping!

There are multiple ways to get the visor how you want, some cut visors in separate parts to get the bends like the ODST helm for example. and others build them from scratch with a vacuum former. Also I'd add the best way to cut the visor without damaging it would be covering it with painters tape and using a dremel tool to cut. I'd practice a few times on some plastic or something if you have never used one before.

There are multiple ways to get the visor how you want, some cut visors in separate parts to get the bends like the ODST helm for example. and others build them from scratch with a vacuum former. Also I'd add the best way to cut the visor without damaging it would be covering it with painters tape and using a dremel tool to cut. I'd practice a few times on some plastic or something if you have never used one before.

Thank you soo much! I am going to look into this vacuum former! It sounds really cool and fun!

Their are many youtube video on how to build your own Vacuum former. My favorite is Xrobots His design for heating the plastic seems well thought thru and Has been tested by the likes of the mythbusters so I'm sure its safer then some others.

Their are many youtube video on how to build your own Vacuum former. My favorite is Xrobots His design for heating the plastic seems well thought thru and Has been tested by the likes of the mythbusters so I'm sure its safer then some others.

Those where some great videos! Thank you for sharing that! I should definitely try doing this! He does much better description of the process then other videos I am seen! Thank you again! Very informative!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back