Visor Troubles - Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupcup

So I'm in the process of building the smooth MK VI helmet by DF4L (at least that's what the filename says), and I need to find a visor to put in it. I came across this potential visor today, but I'm not sure if it will fit into the space in the helmet intended for the visor or whether it has the correct curvature. Can anyone help me?

I also found this alternative visor that seems to be a little bigger and has more of a bulbous shape.

The first link I have heard of a lot of people using them in their helmets and I have seen two helmets with one of those visors in it I don't know about the other one besides the fact it might be good for a EVA Helmet.

Would you happen to have links to a photo of a helmet with that particular visor installed? I would greatly appreciate it.

That. Is. Cheeeeeaaaaaaap. But yeah it depends seeing as I have no idea of what the scaling/size of your helmet is, but if it's a bit too small some bondo, or cardstock could be used to fill in the "gaps".

oh that's a way to do it, i was wondering the exact same thing on the visor, hey you helped me and pupcup, thanks

I used that on mine. for the price you cant go wrong. I used it on my Reach Scout Helmet (Jun), works really well, easy to see out of but it got scratched a little bit when i put it in, not to bad though. I think i would fit a MK IV it was just as big as my whole face and im a full grown man standing 6'5". It should be fine.

EDIT: i was talking about the first one. Its full faced

I used that on mine. for the price you cant go wrong. I used it on my Reach Scout Helmet (Jun), works really well, easy to see out of but it got scratched a little bit when i put it in, not to bad though. I think i would fit a MK IV it was just as big as my whole face and im a full grown man standing 6'5". It should be fine.

EDIT: i was talking about the first one. Its full faced

i agree i used the same one for my helmet and had no problem with me being 6'4". actually trimmed it down a little to fit the helmet. have to trim the thumb lift the visor thingy as well.

Hey Pupcup. Have you tried calling around at local motorcycle shops? That's what I did when I got my helmet visors. If you live anywhere near Lomita, try Cycle Gear where I got mine. Talk to Jay, the manager. Bring your completed helmet with you and ask to try out the replacement visors in it. He was really cool about letting me open the packages and trying out a bunch of different visors to see which ones fit best inside my helmets (I brought my MkVI and MkV(B) with me). It's not as cheap as the ones you linked to, but at least you'll KNOW that they'll fit since you tried them on before you bought them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back