Visualizing You Visor's Look With A Two Liter Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pambo

A lot of people have asked me about how their specifically colored visor would look in their helmet. So, im going to explain in the noob forum, because thats the only place i can post despite being a member for...awhile. Anywho, your visor,

MATERIALS:
two liter bottle
scissors
hotglue/tape

INSTRUCTION
first-decide the color based on you armor color (yes a lot choose gold)
second--if you used pepakura, you hopefully saved the paper visor, this will be you template for the helper visor cutout
third--trace the template paper visor onto the bottle widthwise(so the bend in the plastic matches the bend in the visor)
fourth--either glue or HEAVILY tape it into the decided placement ( i hotglued, only because it's stronger and i can still remove it fairly easily compared with tape)
fifth--compare colors. [ :

CHOOSING THE BOTTLE
there are not to many plastic colors bottlewise (at least in my publix) so i had to go to a small MEXICAN GROCERY where they have those creepy variety flavors nobody wants (indigo grape infused with rotten apples?) but the plastics are as different as the culture, I WOULD ADD PICTURES BUT COULD NOT LOCATE THEM I WILL RE-UPDATE THE THREAD WHEN I FIND THEM.

END RESULT
with the visor installed the contours you would expect from your actual visor should be very visible and the plastic will be easy to remove with little resistance.

Nice tutorial! :) This would be a great companion the the 2-layer visor tutorial. Now I'm gonna have to finalize the specs and get my own tutorial up. (stupid me)

CHOOSING THE BOTTLE
there are not to many plastic colors bottlewise (at least in my publix) so i had to go to a small MEXICAN GROCERY where they have those creepy variety flavors nobody wants (indigo grape infused with rotten apples?) but the plastics are as different as the culture, I WOULD ADD PICTURES BUT COULD NOT LOCATE THEM I WILL RE-UPDATE THE THREAD WHEN I FIND THEM.
END RESULT
with the visor installed the contours you would expect from your actual visor should be very visible and the plastic will be easy to remove with little resistance.

lol I would like to see how that turned out ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back