Wanna make a costume but there is a slight complication....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krikeny

Hey guys due to my previous I mentioned I held something back due to personal reasons.

But due to recent events I fell like I should mention it.

I'm crippled there I said it. Not as in wheelchair but I have to walk around on crutches like from that kid on breaking bad. But don't worry I don't have a speech impediment.
But hopefully (fingers crossed) Soon im getting a knee replacement surgery to fix this problem. But in the event that doesn't happen I would have to make custom measurements for my right leg imagine like Emile's Kulkri except upside down and a leg not a giant knife.

But I would feel comfortable being a carter or Emile (My two ideas) cause a crippled spartan wouldn't feel right :(

Should I still go forward with my "Idea/dream/new pass time" I have in stir?

Yes you should, I feel that you must follow what you want to do, and overcome your obstacles. I hope you knee surgery will go well, and i wish you best of luck in your build if you plan to do so.

Okay so I have a great idea for you. So you make the full armor then you create purple needles from the needler / needle rifle and you can go around saying you use to be a Spartan until you took a needle to the knee. Problem Solved.

Also go for it. Lets put it this way any person who wants to cosplay or make armor by all means have fun with it. Granted I'm not a fan of the 500lb Sailor Moon I have seen but still its all for fun. If anyone else says different of what you shouldn't do based on your ability. You can always tell them to go have a %#$#%^^#$@$@#$#@%^^ Wonderful day. :)

Yes you should, I feel that you must follow what you want to do, and overcome your obstacles. I hope you knee surgery will go well, and i wish you best of luck in your build if you plan to do so.

I agree with HALOSPRTAN. Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.

Yes, you should always do what you love! There are many ways to make it work. asking for suggestions is a great start!

Sorry my mind is empty right now, but if I do think of something, I'll let you know. I'm sure a lot of others will think of something faster than me.

But hey, if you need custom models made, I'll be more than happy to help!

best of luck on the surgery.

Make the costume YOU love. What anyone else says is besides the point. Make it your own, and OWN it, Rock it, and then you will be surprised how many will be simply, "OMG< That guy's armor just ROCKS!"

If you feel more comfortable going with ODST or such, go for it.

For a Spartan on crutches..... Battle damage, and recouping. Hell you could make that leg look like it is all torn to shreds, blood and gore dripping from it, and do the Monty Python, "Tis only a flesh wound"

You could also disguise yoru crutches as scrap twisted battledamaged metal, or a couple fo battle damaged weapons. Going for the "I will continue, no matter what it takes."

Spartans never die, my friend. More than one of them has been greviously injured, and that sure doesn't stop them.

You need to follow your passion and create whatever armour you think you want. That's what it's all about, and there's nobody who can rightfully tell you otherwise. There's a lot of ways you can work around your condition, and some people have given out some really great ideas. I wish I had something unique to add to that pile.

But I know that even if you don't come up with some clever workaround, that's okay. There's no need to feel ashamed of yourself. Anyone I know would appreciate you and your creativeness at face value, and anyone who would judge you because you're different isn't worth your time, and sure isn't worthy to carry the banner of the 405th.

And godspede with your surgery, mate. Hopefully modern medecine prevails again.

thanks for the posts guys i appreciate it alot more then you think! i like needler and spartans never quit idea come to think of it that sounds alot like me with my knee 6 years in the making and im still fighting im 16 btw -_- sad i know but your suggestions are noted thanks again guys

GO FOR IT! You will get nothing but support from everyone here im sure :)
I look forward to seeing your build when you start it :)
Best of luck!

The way I see it this community is like a family. Everyone helps each other, teaches each other and supports each other. You came here with the intention of building your armour and to learn from some of the best, and there is no reason why you should stop now, everybody is here for you.
And if there is anything I enjoy seeing, it's a Reach Spartan :)
Good luck man.

What if you disguise your crutch as a sniper rifle that your Spartan is using to walk with his injured leg? That'd be pretty awesome.

What if you disguise your crutch as a sniper rifle that your Spartan is using to walk with his injured leg? That'd be pretty awesome.

Perfect!!

I agree with everybody else! Do it and embrace it. Only a handful of people are exposed to this lifestyle and they shouldn't put you down about it. All of us are here to guide, appreciate, abd support each other!

Hope the surgery goes well!

FANTASTIC IDEA!

I am in total agreement. Do not let anything hold you back from the build that you really want. This is your chance to be creative, bend the rules, and make something truly amazing and still be the Spartan you want to be!
Don't settle for less than you want, push the boundaries to make what you want work for YOU.

As said before by others, good luck on the surgery! I am looking forward to seeing an update on any progress you make!

So, have you had the surgery yet and/or started on your build? I really hope you are doing well, and I hope the long silence on this thread isn't a sign of anything bad.

Sent using Tapatalk

So, have you had the surgery yet and/or started on your build? I really hope you are doing well, and I hope the long silence on this thread isn't a sign of anything bad.

Sent using Tapatalk

Given that this thread's been dead for almost seven months, and that the member in question hasn't visited the thread in almost as long... I think it's safe to say that this project's pretty much dead. Please be sure to check the previous date before posting - checking on members is all well and good, but we still frown upon necroposting, no matter how benevolent the intentions might appear.

Sent using a desktop.

Not sure if anyone has said it yet but If you are still on the crutches you can try and mod them to be a gun / sword ?

Go for it! never let your physical limitations stop our dreams, with you having a crutch it brings out a whole new angle to your armor and it will be you. good luck and i hope to see this go far :)

Not sure if anyone has said it yet but If you are still on the crutches you can try and mod them to be a gun / sword ?
Go for it! never let your physical limitations stop our dreams, with you having a crutch it brings out a whole new angle to your armor and it will be you. good luck and i hope to see this go far :)

Gentlemen, please allow me to refer you to the following:

Given that this thread's been dead for almost seven months, and that the member in question hasn't visited the thread in almost as long.

Dead thread, people. Let 'er go - if the OP comes back, they'll resurrect the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back