Wanna start but still have issues with resin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I want to start right now but I just am confused. I have made another post concerning the same thing but I have more questions. I have decided to us aqua resin can someone tell me a good brand to use. And SHOULD I even use the aqua. I just want to know what the experienced armor makers use. I am kinda slow on this stuff. And I'm sorry if I annoy you with posts but I need help. I looked at the "sticky" posts and it says the same thing on every post. Maybe if there's a video out there idk. Please help

AquaResin IS the brand.

Whether or not you should use it depends on a number of things. Most importantly, it's more expensive than some other resins, but it's also a lot safer to use. I don't know how the results compare, because I've never used it.
There is no universal "best solution" here, what's best depends on the circumstances.

If you decide to use polyester resin (what 3M calls "fibreglass resin"), the brand won't matter. And regardless of what you want to use, remember to use it safely. Don't rush.

That's what I used. Careful, it smells to high heaven, and for the love of all that is holy use a ventilated area. I'm absolutely sure I have more than HALVED my brain cell count.

Aqua resin is, as was said before, the brand name.

There are also other solutions that don't use resin such as the slush casting with urethane plastic, there's foam method which is becoming increasingly popular and required no resin or anything for hardening and there's the hot glue method which one or two people have used but I'm not too sure exactly how well it turns out. If you're not sure then do some more research and find out what option works the best for you. The last thing that you want to be doing is getting into a project on the scale of a full suit and not enjoy or not trust the materials that you're using, especially if it's just as a hobby like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back