Props Wanna Take A Guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

Want to take a guess what I have been sculpting? I'll be sculpting the main weapon when more clay comes in, I still have a little more left to do on this, I plan to make the crevices deeper and wider before it goes into the oven to make it permanent, and it is exactly to scale with L3X's file which I used as a template and I'm using pictures and reference from WOF's blueprints to make the design.
2dcbcb9.jpg

Yep your guesses are correct, I plan to have the clip molded tomarrow, and as soon as more clay comes in I'll be scuplting the H3 Sniper Rifle itself, right now the clip has deeper lines and a little more detail added to the clip not sure yet whether or not I'll sculpt the bullet design into the top of the clip so it looks like it has a full magazine.

Depends on your intentions of it's "presence" if you want it to look like it's ready for battle, I'd sculpt the bullet, if you want it to look like a half spent magazine dropped by another Spartan in the battle, or from a downed soldier then leave it half empty!

I'll probably be wating it to look like it just came out of the armoury ready for battle. Hence why if I do the bullets I'll make it look like a full clip. I just can't scuplt the rifle until after I finish the clip so I can make sure both fit together well.

Depends on your intentions of it's "presence" if you want it to look like it's ready for battle, I'd sculpt the bullet, if you want it to look like a half spent magazine dropped by another Spartan in the battle, or from a downed soldier then leave it half empty!

If you want to show the clip with any 'bullets' in it, keep this in mind: a clip has a spring in it which pushes any rounds in it to the top where the receiver can pick them up. Hence, if the clip is full, half full or only has one round - it will always show at the top of the clip!

If you want to show the clip with any 'bullets' in it, keep this in mind: a clip has a spring in it which pushes any rounds in it to the top where the receiver can pick them up. Hence, if the clip is full, half full or only has one round - it will always show at the top of the clip!

So truE!! Doh!!

homer-simpson-doh.gif

Yes when the clip is done the bullets will be at the top but they won't be seperate from the clip I plan to sculpt it directly into the clip, one reason for this is so if I did the bullets seperate they won't be lost if seperate and someone won't think that they are real bullets if they are scuplted into the clip.

Nice looking magazine you've got there. I anticipate more progress eagerly.

However there was one little thing that was bugging me about the whole conversation so far. Ill let this handy image explain:

clipmag.jpg

Actually, a clip is any device that feeds ammunition to a repeating firearm's magazine.

The magazine of a firearm is the point before the chamber, where ammunition is stored before chambering and firing. Therefore, it is technically correct usage of the term "clip" when referring to a removable magazine, because it IS a device that feeds ammunition to a repeating firearm's magazine.

It's just frowned upon, because it's not a stripper or en bloc clip.

AHEM, moving on.

I'm really diggin' the sculpt there. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back