Want to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... you know... I don't think anyone is going to build a good looking, full suit of armor for 300. Finished helmets alone can cost from 160 to 540 on etsy. It takes a lot of money just to cover materials and let's not even talk about time spent on building it. The whole suit can cost at least 800, but a really good one - probably more than 2000.

Last edited:
Since it's a post in the 3D modelling section I'm going to guess that Golden Spartan wants a 3D printed suit. $200 might just cover the raw materials to print the suit. Assembly, finishing and power to actually run the printer for the two months of build time, that's a different question.

Golden Spartan you might want to do a little bit of research into how much a costume costs to build and reconsider your budget accordingly.

$200, Nah man. If I were to 3D Print a suit and that’s just the raw prints I’d be around $2,000. Finished and painted you’re looking at about $4,000. Just the cost of materials, the paint I use and the time it takes to make a good looking suit. You’re better off saving up and doing it yourself.

If it costs you 2000 to make a suit, then I am never going to go the 3d printing route. That seems excessive. Not saying ur wrong just, damn, I didn't realize how expensive 3d printing would be.

If it costs you 2000 to make a suit, then I am never going to go the 3d printing route. That seems excessive. Not saying ur wrong just, damn, I didn't realize how expensive 3d printing would be.
That number that NobleTravis threw down also includes the time required to prep parts, scale, power machines, maintenance and upkeep and likely designing files for a custom build. 3D suits seem awesome until you consider the insane amount of time and effort that goes into making one.

No, it doesn’t cost me $2000, it would cost YOU $2,000. Cost of materials, my work scaling and sourcing files to fit your needs, running my machines, all are factored into the cost.

it would be more cost effective for YOU to 3D Print it yourself. You’d spend $2-300 on materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back