Want to know a couple of Spartan Laser Glitches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1l3nt V1p3r

Sr Member
We all know how well the Spartan Laser performs. High Damage, High Range, Great Accuracy... Too bad it has such low ammo capacity, right?
But fear not, I have come with a solution!


Alright, these are two different glitches, that work on two different levels. They are both very helpful, but they come with a price.
Now, on the level "The Covenant", wouldn't it be awesome if the Spartan Laser would last forever? Now it can!
Whenever you have low ammo on your SL, you just hand it to one of your Marine buddies. (Hell, why not let him ride brokeback on your mongoose for a while? Trust me, it's GREAT.)
But as soon as your Marine dies/or you kill him, he will drop your SL with 60-100% power! Isn't that just great? And you can do this as long as you want! But the downside is that you will end up with alot of "Friendlies Lost", and a bad feeling after killing all those Marines to fill up your Laser, but it's worth it.

Anyway, that is one glitch you can use in campaign. The other one is located on the Level "Halo".
Yeah, I know you're all thinking: "But Johnson has the Laser, and he's on the rigde above me! How the hell am I supposed to get his laser?"
Easy: You just shoot him in the head with the BR/Carbine when he's up there, and he will drop down on the "Stairs" on the Control Room. (Be careful though: if you shoot him too early, he will fall down through that big hole on the left side. So wait until he gets really close to the control room.)
When he falls down though, he will get up and pick up his Laser again (But there's one around with 1-3% power, but we're not interested in that one). Once he does, shoot him in the head again, and he will drop his Laser again. Pick it up, and it should have realtively high power, and should have unlimited ammo! (The downside here is that Sgt. Johnson will probably shoot back at you when he gets back up, so you must hurry and get his Laser before he kills you [His shots are a one hit kill]. Same goes with sentinels, but it takes longer for them to kill you). Now you may take on the Flood! (And when you're about to move into the Control Room, keep swapping between the SL and another weapon as you go through the hallway. Drop your lazer inside the hallway, just outside the final door into the Control Room. When you re-enter that hallway, your Laser should still be there).

There is also a Co-op version of this glitch on "Halo". Let me explain:
Do the same glitch as above, and have a friend help you with it. (He can shoot Johnson, while you grab his Laser.)
Take on the Flood, blah, blah, blah....
Now, before you enter the final door into the Control Room, have your buddy betray you so you drop you Laser outside the door.
You may enter the room and kill Guilty Spark with pleasure!
Now, once you have killed GS and the Cutscene had ended, you will continue where your buddy betrayed you. There you will find your Laser. (Yes, it's still has unlimited ammo in it).

If you have any questions, I will gladly answer them.

Let the hilarity ensue!


Enjoy,
~Viper~
 

S1l3nt V1p3r

Sr Member
thisismadness2 said:
marines never run out of ammo for anything so thats not really a glitch
*Shrug*

Let's say you give a Marine a Spartan Laser with 20% Ammo left. When he dies, it's charges up to 60-100%.
That's the glitch. You should read better. ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
well you can classif it as a glitch i just think that if you give it to them and they never run out its like unlimited kinda like a swords match its always full, until you use it
 

S1l3nt V1p3r

Sr Member
thisismadness2 said:
well you can classif it as a glitch i just think that if you give it to them and they never run out its like unlimited kinda like a swords match its always full, until you use it
;)

That's not what I'm implying!
I'm saying that it recharges after they DIE.

You give Marine Spartan Laser with 20% Energy > You kill Marine > You pick up Spartan Laser with 73% Energy.

Is it really that hard to understand? =/
 
Last edited by a moderator:

K3iran

New Member
S1l3nt V1p3r said:
;)

That's not what I'm implying!
I'm saying that it recharges after they DIE.

You give Marine Spartan Laser with 20% Energy > You kill Marine > You pick up Spartan Laser with 73% Energy.

Is it really that hard to understand? =/
I didn't think so.

But it seems the point he's trying to make is that this isn't actually a glitch?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

DKK

Jr Member
i think madness is saying the marine thing isnt a glitch but more of a well known fact thats kinda written into the game.
 

S1l3nt V1p3r

Sr Member
Alright guys, can I say this any clearer?
Yes, I know about having the Marine in the back with the spartan laser, but that is NOT what I'm trying to tell you guys here! That is not the glitch I'm telling you guys about!
What I am trying to tell you that the spartan laser is RECHARGABLE on "The Covenant"... THAT. IS. THE. GLITCH.
(Sorry about the caps, I'm just pissed of right now.)

And if you guys don't understand what I mean, when I have said it as clear as I can... You guys don't know how to read. (No offence.)
 

MysticLegend

Jr Member
S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Alright guys, can I say this any clearer?
Yes, I know about having the Marine in the back with the spartan laser, but that is NOT what I'm trying to tell you guys here! That is not the glitch I'm telling you guys about!
What I am trying to tell you that the spartan laser is RECHARGABLE on "The Covenant"... THAT. IS. THE. GLITCH.
(Sorry about the caps, I'm just pissed of right now.)

And if you guys don't understand what I mean, when I have said it as clear as I can... You guys don't know how to read. (No offence.)
If it makes you feel any better, I understood it the first time you explained it.

Everyone who might not get it, ask yourself this:
How can you drop a Spartan Laser, pick it back up, and notice it magically gained some extra shots somehow?! That's kinda what he's saying, except that you hand it off, not drop it. Spartan Lasers are not rechargeable (in the game). Thanks to this though, Spartan Lasers *are* somewhat rechargeable.....yay!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

S1l3nt V1p3r

Sr Member
MysticLegend said:
If it makes you feel any better, I understood it the first time you explained it.

Everyone who might not get it, ask yourself this:
How can you drop a Spartan Laser, pick it back up, and notice it magically gained some extra shots somehow?! That's kinda what he's saying, except that you hand it off, not drop it. Spartan Lasers are not rechargeable (in the game). Thanks to this though, Spartan Lasers *are* somewhat rechargeable.....yay!
Oh thank you! Finally someone understands! :D
That is exactly what I'm trying to tell, thank you!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

K3iran

New Member
MysticLegend said:
If it makes you feel any better, I understood it the first time you explained it.

Everyone who might not get it, ask yourself this:
How can you drop a Spartan Laser, pick it back up, and notice it magically gained some extra shots somehow?! That's kinda what he's saying, except that you hand it off, not drop it. Spartan Lasers are not rechargeable (in the game). Thanks to this though, Spartan Lasers *are* somewhat rechargeable.....yay!

I got it the first time, too, i was just trying to mitigate a pointless arguement.

Though I expect I'd find the glitch more interesting if I was any good with the Spartan Laser... :whistle:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You added on to the "Pointless Argument". It's so pointless, you should
make a Halo 3 level called "The Pointless Argument".

I happily agree with V1p3r. It IS a glitch because when you kill the Marine...
BAM...you now have more than 60% ammo left.

Stop complaining, it is a glitch. Whether you like it or not!!!!!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Xavier

Well-Known Member
Spartan-K22 said:
You added on to the "Pointless Argument". It's so pointless, you should
make a Halo 3 level called "The Pointless Argument".

I happily agree with V1p3r. It IS a glitch because when you kill the Marine...
BAM...you now have more than 60% ammo left.

Stop complaining, it is a glitch. Whether you like it or not!!!!!!!!
dude, this thread had been dead for over a month, WTF gives?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top