Warhammer 40k Space Marine: Black Templar (90% finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djinn

Jr Member
Warhammer 40k Space Marine: Black Templar (Finished!)

Link to full WIP thread:
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Obscurus_Crusade/index.php?showtopic=190&st=0

Hey all. I've been working on a space marine for almost 2 months now, got a lot of my pep files from here or uploaded from users here so I thought I'd show you how its progressed so far. Not quite finished but.. yeah.

Update:: The armor is done! Thanks for all the support. Hope you enjoy the pics.

fuckingbadass.jpg

0805103835large.jpg

0805103636large.jpg

0805103877large.jpg

35225_422776458296_751053296_4657002_3713393_n.jpg

Disassembled pieces.

38214_423691003296_751053296_4677880_6517189_n.jpg

That is really really impressive! You've done some amazing detail work, and your paintjob looks just fantastic, I really like the color of gold you used.

Thanks for the kind responses! I used mostly pepakura for all of it (and resin/bondo of course). was my first time using pep/resin/ or bondo though - it seemed to come out all right. for the detailing I made templates and cut the shapes out of 1-3mm styrene (for sale signs and trash cans =P). The aged gold look is just brilliant gold, sanded down a bit for an aged look, then wiped over with some black acrylic.

This has been a real fun project =P
I had a hell of a time collecting the pepakura files I used for this project though, I am not sure why they were so hard to find. If anyone else has any desire to start a project like this or wants to use the pep files. I uploaded my collection to rapidshare. I think its about 3 full sets of different kinds of SM armor and a ton of unfolded weapons. There are a bunch of just 3d models of weapons in there too if you want to play around with those. Hopefully it helps someone.
http://rapidshare.com/files/408543879/Astarte2s.rar.html

WOW. Awesome armor. It looks really well done. The thing i like about it most is that is scaled to your figure and dose not look bulky of combersom on your person. vary well done. keep it up.
Go Templars :)

Wow you did a really good job putting it all together so far, I see it looks like you used my old chest file minus the waist that was attached to the chest, I agree with Das Brutus I'd kill for that tabbard. What I really love is that backpack. Good job so far and keep it up, I'm on Obscurus Crusade as well so I'll keep a eye on there too.

An Elite worthy build, surely? Perfect scaling - CHECK, perfect pepping - CHECK, perfect bondoing - CHECK, Tremendous attention to detail - CHECK!

Either way, it's awesome, congrats! And as for it being your first build, I'm gobsmacked.

Hey again :)

I tried to PM but they're still switched off heh.

Could you possibly give some advice regarding the glassing & hardening of the backpack? I'm trying to decide how best to do my one :)

In addition, any advice on the strapping would be good.

Cheers!

Do you think you could share your edited and your files that you have for the Astares armor with Lunar Lord he's in charge of maintaining the wikia where most of the non-halo files on here at posted at the main wikia is pepakuracollection.wikia.com if you have experience with wiki's feel free to post the file in the Warhammer section, if not and if you wish to share send the info for the files to Lunar Lord and I will see if he can add your files to the wiki.

Sure thing. I'll upload them to my rapid share and get some pics going. Had a hell of a time finding them I looked for um (that was a good 4 months ago though, 40k seems to have jumped in popularity since e3)

Give me a little time though. I'm sure you all ready have most of mine up there. I'll add any that aren't there though~

Emperor protects.

guess I should status update too, I have been doing a lot of sewing the last few days (and a lot of drinking.. birthday weekend and all heh)

Redid my neck seal, making the tabard for my backside longer to match the front one. Adding padding and generally finishing things up. Will have completed armor pics up by the end of next week. I have a guy whos been begging to get me down to an old abandoned factory we have here on the island for some photo ops. I think I'll take him up on it.

Anyways, yeah.. exciting times for me! I look forward to taking this thing out in public.

Great looking suit, well done. I've been lurking around & only just noticed this. All the parts look exceptional & it's great to see a finished suit. Especially Astartes.
Add me to the list of people wanting to see some build pics too.
I'm almost tempted to do some more work on my own now.

Well, I apparently couldn't figure out the wiki editing. It was not letting me upload my thumbnails of the pep files. I leave these files fate to you then. Get this link to your buddy at the wiki - it has all of the preview images I took in pep viewer for the wiki page all organized and named. it also has a document in it with a list of rapidshare links that lead to the individual pepakura files and each files associated picture. He should be able to figure it out and add it really easily. I had 12 different pep files that the wiki didn't have.. so if he throws it up there.. people will have a lot more to choose from.

http://rapidshare.com/files/409071051/Pepakura_pictures.rar

Everything uploaded with a premium account so the files will be there permanently. Hope this was helpful.

Great looking suit, well done. I've been lurking around & only just noticed this. All the parts look exceptional & it's great to see a finished suit. Especially Astartes.
Add me to the list of people wanting to see some build pics too.
I'm almost tempted to do some more work on my own now.

you need to get back on that judge I still want to see yours finished

I am fairly well unencumbered for normal stuff. I can ASCEND STAIRS HELLS YEAH. I can even DESCEND STAIRS HELL YEAH. I can sit, though I will never risk it because of the backpack. I can do a captain morgan pose. I can .. scratch my face (with some effort) and feed myself.

.. .. it's surprisingly mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back