Warthog Frame

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by rafinger, Jun 11, 2011.

1. rafinger

rafinger New Member

Hey all, this is my first post on the forum. I am designing a frame for a warthog. My frame is based off of these blueprints:

Warthog.jpg

The way I found the scale was pretty interesting (IMO). I gave the Warthog a designated height of 6ft. And in the blueprints, the Warthog was 360 pixels, so that means that for every 60 pixels, it equals 1 foot. And from that, I based my measurements. Here is what I have so far:

Frame11.jpg

Frame12.jpg

Frame13.jpg

2. Dark Star

Dark Star Jr Member

Soon as I saw your thread title I went NUH FREAKING UH! Your method makes sense to me personally, I can't wait to see what you make with this!

Oh, and for the record...
    SHOTGUN!!! :D

3. Finelargeaxe

Finelargeaxe Jr Member

I call the gunner's position!

4. darth tiburon

darth tiburon New Member

Are you building a life size warthog?

5. Dark Star

Dark Star Jr Member

For the record I'm fervently praying that you are, I wanna see a life size warthog.

6. Austin673

Austin673 New Member

if i had the right dimensions and the material too do this (and the money ) i could probly make a 1" tube frame and actually make a car from this

7. Jason 078

Jason 078 Well-Known Member

This is going to be interesting to watch. One of my long-term goals is to build a full-sized prop vehicle. Mine won't work, though. Well, it will have lights and movement, but still... X-Wings are impractical to fly.

Interesting design idea, though. What type of vehicle will you use as a base?

8. rafinger

rafinger New Member

As of right now, I'm just designing it.

The frame is actually 1 inch tube frame. I'll be happy to give you the files once I'm finished.

I'm not sure what vehicle could be used. For the scale I used, the wheelbase is 127 inches. I don't know of any vehicle that has that. So the vehicle that would be used would have to have the chassis stretched.

I have some more progress on the Hog:

Frame14.jpg

Frame15.jpg

Frame16.jpg

9. Vulgarmas

Vulgarmas New Member

when you finsih if you could e-mail me the desings ill be more than glad to make a cople of warthogs i got some old trucks in of the back of my house that i think would work perfectly for this

10. evanmcorleytv

evanmcorleytv Member

VERY NICE!! I have wanted to build one, and I know I could, but........of course, I just don't have the money.. GREAT JOB THOUGH!!

11. Twisting Neather

Twisting Neather Active Member

I'm really looking forward to seeing this completed. I think a lot of members on here have been wanting to build a warthog for a long time, but have lacked the necessary knowledge and skills to do so. This seems like the first real step in helping these members reach their dream. On another note, what model hog are you using as a basis for this design as there are slight variations from game to game.

12. Dark Star

Dark Star Jr Member

Not trying to put you down dude but knowledge and skill I can acquire :p I think most of the concerns were resources xD If I had the spare parts to do it I would TOTALLY try to build a hog!!

13. rafinger

rafinger New Member

@Twisting_Neather - Well, I'm using the blueprints that use the Halo CE Warthog, but I'm compensating the design differences to make it be more like the H3 warthog.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. I really appreciate that. Did I mention that I'm only 15? I hope to have more progress in the next couple of days.

14. hellome

hellome Member

Well what I realised is that a hummer has great similarities to a warthog

15. Austin673

Austin673 New Member

its close but i think the jeep hurricane is closer jeep_hurricane_frontangle_1_cs_430.jpg

16. hellome

hellome Member

They havn't made it yet. And if they did they don't sell them in America.

17. rafinger

rafinger New Member

More progress:

Frame1.jpg

Frame2.jpg

Frame3.jpg

18. misfitjh

misfitjh Well-Known Member

19. rafinger

rafinger New Member

Sorry guys, this project is going to have to be put on hold until my computer is fixed. I am in the process of turning it into a Hackintosh, and until all the bugs are fixed, I can't re-install windows to continue this project. I'll try to get it fixed soon!

20. j0wE

j0wE New Member

this looks like it would work really well ontop of an aircooled vw beetle{bug} pan(chassis)... sorta like the fiberglass buggies of the 70s

0207vwt_04zoom+Meyers_Manx+Front_View.jpg

21. rafinger

rafinger New Member

Yes, it does look like it would look good on a VW. I thought about that too. But the thing is, it only has a 94.5 inch wheelbase. That's about 30 inches too short. So that means if you were to build a Warthog on that, it would be extremely tiny.

22. j0wE

j0wE New Member

aw that's a let down. you can extend it though, just like they shorten em, lol

23. rafinger

rafinger New Member

Yes, you can stretch the chassis, but it would save time and money to find a vehicle that is already closer to the Warthog wheelbase, and only stretch it a couple of inches.

24. Evilpenguin

Evilpenguin Member

25. RAGINZOMBIECHOW

RAGINZOMBIECHOW New Member

So I'm looking for a blue print for a worthog to cover my 1963 Chevy and it has a wheel base of 131 I'd love to see what you have

Lieutenant Jaku likes this.