We Setup A 405Th Charity / 405Th Fundraiser For Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

unheared

I was thinking do we have or could we setup a 405th fundraiser for charity

example : we could post the time /date/place to meet at a school fair raise money for the school dressed up in are armor.

I agree with the morals and idea of... well your idea, but the one biggest problem with that is that there are 405th members all over the globe. there is not a place anywhere in the world that would make it possible due to travel restrictions, passport retrieval (if in the states), logistics of travel, shipping the suits, etc.

good thought though

Sdhoigt has a point, but a large portion of the site's members live the states or the united kingdom. I think it's possible for 5-10 people to gather together, and since it's for a good cause... But count me out of this. I'm probably the only 405er in mmy country!

Btw, unheard you didn't just doubleposted, you doubletopiced. Dude! It's the first time I've ever seen this. It's err...unheard of, lol.

I think it could work if we had small groups meet. Especially in Texas. We have a ridiculous amount of people here! especially in the central area....

I know I post twice.

see you I live in the uk

so I wanted to start this there.

But your right I want this to be globe.

As wrising wrote meet up in small group now that's what I am talking about.

But even as one person you can help make a dream come true.

Even if you give them a helmet to raffle.

It's crazy to have fly around the world to help not all of us have the cash for that.

Travel as far as you can and help where you can put up a post Here telling the time date and place.

you never know who maybe able to turn up.

As some one wrote in the sig kids have dream and as adults are dream get bigger.

But there a children hospic Near me. ( a place where children come to die :( I think you can guess what I am saying here :(

once a year they rasie money and Thanks to the 3d models and unfolder we have the power to make our childhood dream. Let's make there.

Well the 405th is doing exactly that. A Mark VI helmet is going up for raffle this year at the Child's Play Charity fundraiser (we raised over $1500 in donations last year breaking the record). Our wonderful alliance over at HawtyMcBloggy.com helped me pay for supplies to finish off a helmet for this season (hopefully I can get the Bungie guys to autograph it). Also earlier this year I did a live gaming show for the 24hr Game-a-thon on Zoxin It Up Live representing 405th.com which all funds went to the Make-A-Wish foundation. So the 405th as a non-profit organization does a wide-variety of charity events each year. Not to say each person shouldn't go out and do such on their own :) On an "unofficial" duty - I try to visit the local Children's Hospital during convention time. A lot of the local celebs and pro cosplayers go to the local hospital here and spend time :)

Cheers,

Kensai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back