Weapon Making 101 Help Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmith71388

So i've been looking around the site for quite sometime now and I cannot seem to find a very good tutorial on how to make weapons. Any thread I find seems to have issues with the pep file shrinking or warping and then they go into reinforcements but don't accurately show u where to put the supports based on the model. I've seen people make theirs with laser cutters, wood, but nothing really about the pep files and how to make a really good weapon just using pep, bondo and resin. Anyone care to shed some light on this process? I'm about to start putting together a pep file and i would like to know how to accurately do this before i start.

Thanks

Stay Frosty

you may want to take a look at the mentoring program that is sticky'd in the noob forum...and as for pep as a base for weapons? i wouldnt recommend it, closed models are difficult to resin...i would go with a more solid material like cardboard or EVA foam floor mats

Actually, I make weapons out of pep all the time. It really depends on the size of the model. I'm in the middle of resining a Dawnbreaker weapon from Skyrim, and I'm resining the outside only. I've done a few like this without any problems. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

So i've been looking around the site for quite sometime now and I cannot seem to find a very good tutorial on how to make weapons. Any thread I find seems to have issues with the pep file shrinking or warping and then they go into reinforcements but don't accurately show u where to put the supports based on the model. I've seen people make theirs with laser cutters, wood, but nothing really about the pep files and how to make a really good weapon just using pep, bondo and resin. Anyone care to shed some light on this process? I'm about to start putting together a pep file and i would like to know how to accurately do this before i start.

Thanks

Stay Frosty

most people scratch build there weapons as aposed to peping them as they are hard to do after the assembly stage
i use pvc foam board and cardboard for mine like these

DSCN0620.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back