Welp first build

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do know how to use cad will that maybe work?
For pepakura files not really. Bc all you have to do in pep is open it up, scale it to your size, and print. Cad is mostly for the 3d design of it really. And there is already free 3d mk7 files printed on thingivers

For pepakura files not really. Bc all you have to do in pep is open it up, scale it to your size, and print. Cad is mostly for the 3d design of it really. And there is already free 3d mk7 files printed on thingivers
oh i was thinking to put them in and just edit the to fit me but i guess not

Not sure how you would go in CAD software, from my experience with different types in the past it isn't really suited for scaling armour. It might have a hard time handling all that geometry (from the armour and from the avatar to scale on), plus it'd be iffy to move, scale and rotate armour sections (my knowledge is limited to Autodesk software however). You could do it in the free software Blender, though unless you know how to UV unwrap you'd have difficulty with that, and exporting it to paper can be a pain (hence why I got Armorsmith too).

Not sure how you would go in CAD software, from my experience with different types in the past it isn't really suited for scaling armour. It might have a hard time handling all that geometry (from the armour and from the avatar to scale on), plus it'd be iffy to move, scale and rotate armour sections (my knowledge is limited to Autodesk software however). You could do it in the free software Blender, though unless you know how to UV unwrap you'd have difficulty with that, and exporting it to paper can be a pain (hence why I got Armorsmith too).
Ok thanks for the tips

hey guys update: i need help how do you guys make mesurments for the suit and how to make it on the foam accuratly?

hey guys update: i need help how do you guys make mesurments for the suit and how to make it on the foam accuratly?
An incredibly helpful tool to use is Foamsmith, it's a program you can download onto your computer that lets you plug in all your own measurements and then fit the armor onto a mannequin model of you! then you can export those files and print them to make sure everything you make will be properly scaled to you.

An incredibly helpful tool to use is Foamsmith, it's a program you can download onto your computer that lets you plug in all your own measurements and then fit the armor onto a mannequin model of you! then you can export those files and print them to make sure everything you make will be properly scaled to you.
Dont u mean armorsmith? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back