Weta Odst Helmet Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt Aljon

Jr Member
quick question, why wasn't this part added to the parts list? i had to make it manually. oh and another quick question, can rubber cement be used to harden a helmet?

Lt.Aljon said:
can rubber cement be used to harden a helmet?

I would say no, based on the fact that rubber cement is not hard, and does not dry hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
po3saucez said:
you can't go wrong with good old resin and bondo for hardening.

good lookin bucket btw :)

thanks, but i'm on a low buget, my only other option is paper machae the helmet or use up my dads car filling puddy......and i don't think thats a good idea.

For resin, fiberglass and Bondo, I have the prices in Canadian dollars from Wal-mart.

Resin: $17.22

Fiberglass: $9.95

Bondo: $10.98

I spent (with tax) about $42.00 on all of that, and that is enough to make roughly 1/3 of a costume (if you know how to use it properly-you could end up using way more). Its really not that expencive, and your plastic cement idea will have costed about half that, but would not have worked.

Paper-mache might work if you don't bondo your helmet.

Rondo-glassing your helmet might work aswell (Rondo-50% Bondo+50$ Resin).

Or slush-casting your helmet will work, if you want to spend about $100.00 on a gallon of Smooth-Cast 320.

If you want to have nice armour, you will have to learn this is not a cheap hobby. People spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to make the perfect costume. If you don't have money for this kind of thing, maybe right now is the wrong time to get into costuming.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
For resin, fiberglass and Bondo, I have the prices in Canadian dollars from Wal-mart.

Resin: $17.22

Fiberglass: $9.95

Bondo: $10.98

I spent (with tax) about $42.00 on all of that, and that is enough to make roughly 1/3 of a costume (if you know how to use it properly-you could end up using way more). Its really not that expencive, and your plastic cement idea will have costed about half that, but would not have worked.

Paper-mache might work if you don't bondo your helmet.

Rondo-glassing your helmet might work aswell (Rondo-50% Bondo+50$ Resin).

Or slush-casting your helmet will work, if you want to spend about $100.00 on a gallon of Smooth-Cast 320.

If you want to have nice armour, you will have to learn this is not a cheap hobby. People spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to make the perfect costume. If you don't have money for this kind of thing, maybe right now is the wrong time to get into costuming.

Xtreme TACTICS you are wise as you are skillfull, thank you, i think my dad may have some spare fiberglass resin lying around here some where, i'll give that a shot, and i've still got a spare visor in my room. thanks for the tip, I've got to save next year (new years resolution).

Cayoke said:
At Lowes {Harr ware store} the resin is 15 bcks and some fiberglass mat is 5 bcks.

the closest thing i've got to that is a home depot, and i live on guam, hot as hell and expensive as Sh*t....lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back