Weta Warthog Construction Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADOR

I found this on the WETA Warthog a couple of days ago and wanted to share it. Tells a little more about the construction of it. I didn't even realize it had a turbo on it.

Warthog Link

ADOR said:

Cool, a couple of shots of Zerebin and his friend (in the ODST) in there :D

I've got 120 or so high res (about 3000 x 2500px) photos of the 'Hog here, I should do something about getting them up again... ones of it before they butchered it to take it over to Aus that is ;) That turret wasn't done by Weta, just FYI

Last edited by a moderator:
Belakor said:
Cool, a couple of shots of Zerebin and his friend (in the ODST) in there :D

I've got 120 or so high res (about 3000 x 2500px) photos of the 'Hog here, I should do something about getting them up again... ones of it before they butchered it to take it over to Aus that is ;) That turret wasn't done by Weta, just FYI

Cool, i have been trying to get my hands on all the good high res shots i can find. Those shots i posted the link to yesterday were good enough i could finally see how big the tires were. I had it figured between 37 and 39.5 from available TSL bogger sizes. It sucks that they couldn't bring in there real mini gun because of customs. I thought the gun it had on it at the release was something they (weta) had thrown together but then i noticed all the air gauges and tank so i guess it shoots paintballs or something???

ADOR said:
Cool, i have been trying to get my hands on all the good high res shots i can find. Those shots i posted the link to yesterday were good enough i could finally see how big the tires were. I had it figured between 37 and 39.5 from available TSL bogger sizes. It sucks that they couldn't bring in there real mini gun because of customs. I thought the gun it had on it at the release was something they (weta) had thrown together but then i noticed all the air gauges and tank so i guess it shoots paintballs or something???

Dunno if this helps but I'm somewhere over 6 foot in the suit here:

3109790696_3146be3a0e_m.jpg

I'd have to suit up and measure myself for the exact height but you might be able to use that to get some measurement. I do have a shot of the tire but the markings aren't that clear, it looks like it could be the Super Swamper TSL Bogger 37X13.00-15LT

I had thought that the turret may fire but I'm not sure, it looks like it but it may just be they grabbed stuff because it looked like it'd shoot something.

I think it was Microsoft that built it but I can't recall the details at the moment (other than it not being done by Weta), the real one is much better looking... especially in person :)

Belakor said:
Dunno if this helps but I'm somewhere over 6 foot in the suit here:

I'd have to suit up and measure myself for the exact height but you might be able to use that to get some measurement. I do have a shot of the tire but the markings aren't that clear, it looks like it could be the Super Swamper TSL Bogger 37X13.00-15LT

I had thought that the turret may fire but I'm not sure, it looks like it but it may just be they grabbed stuff because it looked like it'd shoot something.

I think it was Microsoft that built it but I can't recall the details at the moment (other than it not being done by Weta), the real one is much better looking... especially in person :)

Thanks but i have these already, i subscribed to your album on flicker when i found them the first time. LOL. Can't remember what size tire i used to scale it on paper with before but it was larger than the 37" tire. Looks like i am going to have to do a redo on the scaling. And now that i have a bunch of frame shots i am going to find the dimensions of the Nissan engine and transmission and see if i can get there measurements for there frame from scaling it from the size of the engine, may not be perfect but very close. One of these days maybe i will get to see it in person and will have my camera and tape measure ready, :cool.

ADOR said:
Thanks but i have these already, i subscribed to your album on flicker when i found them the first time. LOL. Can't remember what size tire i used to scale it on paper with before but it was larger than the 37" tire. Looks like i am going to have to do a redo on the scaling. And now that i have a bunch of frame shots i am going to find the dimensions of the Nissan engine and transmission and see if i can get there measurements for there frame from scaling it from the size of the engine, may not be perfect but very close. One of these days maybe i will get to see it in person and will have my camera and tape measure ready, :cool.

Haha, cool. I don't know if they've ever uploaded it but they have a video of the 'Hog without the frame, just like it is in those photos when they're racing around in the mud, that they play down at The Cave. Might pay to have a look around and see if it's ever been posted to YouTube or something, there's not a lot of it but there's some good shots from what I remember.

Can't help with the engine or transmission, I was subject to an NDA when I found out more about the 'Hog so I'm limited to what I found out publicly... I'll see what I can do about bringing a tape measure next time they've got it out on display though ;) :lol

We should really have a definitive Weta Warthog thread on here and pool whatever information there is...

Belakor said:
Haha, cool. I don't know if they've ever uploaded it but they have a video of the 'Hog without the frame, just like it is in those photos when they're racing around in the mud, that they play down at The Cave. Might pay to have a look around and see if it's ever been posted to YouTube or something, there's not a lot of it but there's some good shots from what I remember.

Can't help with the engine or transmission, I was subject to an NDA when I found out more about the 'Hog so I'm limited to what I found out publicly... I'll see what I can do about bringing a tape measure next time they've got it out on display though ;) :lol

We should really have a definitive Weta Warthog thread on here and pool whatever information there is...

Yea the first post in this thread has just frame pictures in it but are good HI DEF pictures (if you open the thumbnail in a new window) of the start of the construction before they even made the body for it. Just to test out the chassis. The first few frame shots i got were stills taken from that video you were talking about from you tube. You could get a idea but they just weren't good enough to get the fine details i wanted for my collection. I have been thinking about started a weta warthog pool thread but wanted to get all the measurements and facts straight. Now that they are a little more loose on some of there info on it the time is just about right for it. If i can get all the measurements to where i think it is right and can hang string up to walk around it and eyeball it too i will see about starting it soon or just add to this current thread. It will need lots of pictues, looks like it will soon be time to GO PRO on flicker soon. lol.

EDIT: Finally found some good shots of the pre microsoft HALO Warthog. http://www.ceunited....gEvolution.html

EDIT: lots more pictures up on a lot of sites: http://sethlord.wordpress.com/2009/09/22/

Belakor said:

Wow I remember that weekend ;)

Nice shot Aaron

According to Richard the Gun was a decommissioned weapon that was modified, no idea what gun it was, he did say at the time but I missed it.

Deadalus Thron said:
Wow I remember that weekend ;)

Nice shot Aaron

According to Richard the Gun was a decommissioned weapon that was modified, no idea what gun it was, he did say at the time but I missed it.

AH, THAT was the reason why customs wouldn't let there gun in for the ODST release at cockatoo island. Since it was at one time a real weapon and not a straight up replica.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back