Weta Weapon And Armour Referance Pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtreme TACTICS 101

Well, the title says it all.

Ever since WETA re-modeled there websight (looks great by the way...) I have noticed that people have been having a hard time trying to find them. Well, I have, over the past few weeks/months pieced the pictures back togeather, and even found some I have never seen before. There the best I could find, and as I find more, I will add them here.

Weapons

BATTLE RIFLE:

P1130784.png

SPIKER:

Spiker-1.jpg

spiker2.jpg

GRAVITY HAMMER:

CODwomenatwar.jpg

SNIPER RIFLE:

poutine.jpg

LAZER DESIGNATOR

L967.jpg

Grenades

SPIKE GRENADE:

Warthog2.jpg

Vehicles

WARTHOG:

Warthog1.jpg

Warthog4.jpg

Armour

WETA ODST:

ODST.jpg

ODST11.jpg

ODST18.jpg

ODST19.jpg

ODST2.jpg

ODST20.png

ODST21.png

ODST22.jpg

ODST3.jpg

ODST30.jpg

ODST31.jpg

ODST32.jpg

ODST33.jpg

ODST34.jpg

ODST36.jpg

ODST37.jpg

ODST6.jpg

ODST9.jpg

Spiker.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Continued...

ODST40.jpg

ODST41.jpg

ODST42.jpg

ODST43.png

WETA MARINE:

marine1.jpg

marine10.jpg

marine14.jpg

marine15.jpg

marine16.jpg

marine18.jpg

marine19.jpg

marine2.jpg

marine20.jpg

marine22.jpg

marine23.jpg

marine24-1.jpg

marine25.jpg

marine26.jpg

marine3.jpg

marine4.jpg

marine5.png

marine6.png

marine7.png

marine8.jpg

marine9.jpg

spikegranade.jpg

P.S: Mods/Adam, I KNOW most of these have been posted on these forums and in the image gallary. I just figured it may be better to have them in one pic heavy thread.

CHEERS, and Happy Armour/Prop making!

-All armour/props by WETA Workshop.

ahhh damn... the second Laser Designator studio picture is still missing.

and the rocket studio pics are still missing.

other than that thank you for bringing all these back to one central location... you sir are a great man.

Yea, Im still hunting for those... When I find them, I will update with the pictures.

First post updated with Warthog, Spike Grenade and Spiker. Working on finding Pistol and Rocket Launcher pictures.

CHEERS!

Weta Workshop does some great props. They've done props for multiple movies.
I like the orange tint on that ODST helmet too.

Ok, I just found one hell of a referance picture:

WETAODST44.jpg

It has 2 Battle Rifles, the Gravity Hammer, the Carbine, the Spiker, the full WETA ODST torso and a Spike grenade. It also has three Battle Rifle mags ontop of the ammo canister in the back.

This picture proves:

-Yes, the Battle Rifles shot blank rounds.
-The WETA ODST torso is one piece (Chest and stomach plate/packs, thigh plates and Torso attached to one vest.)
-The mag MAY be tilted back (Can't quite tell).

Lets see what we can make of this new found referance picture...

Ok... :ninja: am I the only one who just gained a newfound appreciation for the carbine? That thing is sick! As well as all the rest of it! It's all completely awesome! I hate to admit it, but I've actually never seen close up pics of Weta's stuff. I've watched landfall 500 times, but I never took the time to look up any of the props. Thanks for the pics dude. Don't mind me... I'll be drooling here for a few more hours :notworthy:

Does anyone happen to know what the ODST's in those pictures used as an undersuit? Nice Reference pictures man, I'm starting to get ODST fever again.

Its most likely a scratch built vest (By WETA so thats for sure) with all of the chest/torso pieces attached to it by bolts in the inside of the vest. Over the back of the bolts there is some padding most likely. Also, the waist pieces (the things near is butt) and the butt plate are attached to a belt that is attached to the vest aswell. The shoulder plates are attached to the main body vest aswell. I would guess the gaunlets are free floating, same with the shins. The knee is attached to the shin guard, and the boot tip is attached to one of the boots shoe laces. The thich guards are held in place using a system of nylon straps attached to the belt that is attached to the vest, and one strap goes aroung the inside of the leg.

Thats all I could figure out.

CHEERS!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Ok, I just found one hell of a referance picture:

WETAODST44.jpg

It has 2 Battle Rifles, the Gravity Hammer, the Carbine, the Spiker, the full WETA ODST torso and a Spike grenade. It also has three Battle Rifle mags ontop of the ammo canister in the back.

This picture proves:

-Yes, the Battle Rifles shot blank rounds.

It doesn't necessarily prove that. All it proves is that the mags were removeable and were designed to appear as though they contained ammunition. Any decent prop builder can do that - that's already done on here, let alone at a place like Weta. Without actual documentation on the rifle and the mags, that is something we'll never know.

But, just to express my personal opinion: they're Weta - they don't need live-fire rifles. They're an effects studio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, your right. But hey, you never know right?

Im right now setting myself in highschool to be abled to attend university so I can get a job at WETA. My chances are very slim (they only hire about 10-15 new people per year!), but if I have as many qualifications as possible and apply myself correctly, I may have a running chance. I figure if I get as many degrees that qualify me to make props at WETA, they may choose me, as long as nobody who is from New Zealand has more/the same amount of qualifications as I will.

CHEERS!

thanks you VERY much for this Xtreme TACTICS 101, thats going to be very helpful for my armour. Especially that one of the vest, I've got a better idea of the strapping system now.
Oh, and if you wanna work at WETA, you will have to fight me for it :D also, from what i understood they hired 1-2 new people per year.

I just uploaded these, since no one else had done it:

3779485346_348da2c06d.jpg

Click to go to the set on Flickr

They are probably as good as you'll find, unless you get the chance to see the actual prop or if there's a 1080p version of Landfall (there isn't is there?)

Also, just so people know it's Weta not WETA. Not trying to be the "grammar police" or anything, it's just a pet peeve :p

I always call it, WETA, so thanks for the correction. Im actually going to be building the laser designator after I finish the hand scanner :). Thanks for the photos.

On the 1080p, i swear there was one, but I cant find it any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back