Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYzilla

I LIKE TO READ AND TODAY MY SON FOUND A COPY OF
S.E HINTON "THE OUTSIDERS"
WILL START READING TONIGHT
GREAT BOOK AND GREAT MOVIE

the-outsiders-21sp3dw.jpg

The first chapter of The Outsiders by S.E Hinton might leave a reader feeling anxious because you might want to know more about the characters .An example of this is on page 6. "Shut him up, for petes sake! Then there were shouts and pounding, of and the Socs jumped up and left there lying there, gasping.>" This is confusing because we do not know the beef between the Socs and greasers.

We learn something interesting about one on the characters, Ponyboy on page 1 where it says: "I am a greaser and most of my neighborhood rarely bothers to get a haircut ." This is typical of how this character acts in this book, so far. This is typical because he explained what they do and why do not cut there hair and stuff.

After this part of the book, most readers probably will be looking forward to reading the rest of this book because there is a lot of gang activity. What's probably going to happen next is that there is going to be a big fight and the Greasers and the Socs

Attachments

• the-outsiders-21sp3dw.jpg
    the-outsiders-21sp3dw.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 264
I like to read Brian Lumely at the moment. technical manuals(I know weird, but I have a lot of pdfs of manuals from cisco, arduino, caterpillar engines etc, blender ),of course the classics and Terry Brookes(ever since I was a small kid I have ben reading his books)

Science fiction novels.
Usually Star Trek based, preferably of the recent set of post 2481 novels.
David Mack's Destiny trilogy and the Department of Temporal Investigations rank amongst my latest.

Oh and a few of professor Michio Kaku's works.

The Halo novels, I've enjoyed most of them so far, particularly the ones by Eric Nylund. The Song of Ice and Fire, by George R.R. Martin (that gorram bastard making feel all those feels). Harry Potter series. Tom Clancy books. World War Z. And many other titles that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Tons of military non-fiction: Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose, Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell, Flyboys by James Bradley, American Sniper by Chris Kyle, The Red Circle by Brandon Webb, The Heart and the Fist by Eric Greitens, Rage Company by Thomas Daly, Sniper One by Sgt Dan Mills. And soooo much more...

I like to read apparently...a lot.

i read the count of monte christo, the hunger games series and im about to start reading alot of lemony snicket books :)

Starship Troopers at the moment
But I've recently picked up Let me off the top, Clockwork Orange and Halo cryptum so I'm looking foward to that

Enders Game
Speaker for the Dead
Xenocide
Children of the Mind
Enders Shadow
Shadow of the Hegemon
Shadow Puppets
Shadow of the Giant
Shadows in Flight
Shadows Alive

Harry Potter Series

Hunger Games Series

Frankenstein Series by Dean Kontz

Actually a lot of Dean Kontz books.

Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, but while pepping, The Sword of Truth series, Harry Potter, LOTR audio books.

I recently finished Halo: Mortal Dictata, and it was a good book (this considering I hate her other Halo novels).

Other than Halo, I read a lot of Military Non-Fiction:

Lone Survivor the story of Marcus Luttrell
American Sniper by Chris Kyle
(sorry to swear but): Damn Few by Rorke Denver
SEAL Warrior by Thomas Keith
Shooter by Jack Coughlin

and many others that I can't remember.

I've been working my way through the Halo books, as is fitting! Definitely liked the newest trilogy, Kilo-5, excellent series, but my favourite is the Fall of Reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back