What gloves to use for Halo 4 build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolcam3

Im currently working on building a full halo 4 suit, and i was wondering what kind of gloves other people decided to use with their halo suits. So anyone have good recommendations?

Im currently working on building a full halo 4 suit, and i was wondering what kind of gloves other people decided to use with their halo suits. So anyone have good recommendations?

i recommend using the v-tac paintball gloves. It is what most people use for halo because of their armored look. i am using them for my halo 4 master chief and they look great
007_zps8ac12ff9.jpg

i got them on ebay for $8.99 and free shipping.http://www.ebay.com/itm/V-Tac-Gloves-V-TAC-Full-Finger-Plastic-Back-L-/321025956702?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abea35b5e

Most builds have used paintball gloves so far, but a few recent ones have used these:

781513613597.jpg

They're at Lowes or Amazon for $30. Someone posted an all-black variant, but I'm not sure where they were from. The armor patterning is fairly close to H4, so it's a good base. I'm about to switch to these myself, as every time I look at my current pair I'm a little sad.

For Halo 4 I'd go for a less armored look - there are a lot of tiny pieces of armor on 3 fingers anyway, and you can add detail to the other two fingers with 2mm craft foam. These paintball gloves look cool, but they're a bit too bulky IMHO.

Most builds have used paintball gloves so far, but a few recent ones have used these:

781513613597.jpg

They're at Lowes or Amazon for $30. Someone posted an all-black variant, but I'm not sure where they were from. The armor patterning is fairly close to H4, so it's a good base. I'm about to switch to these myself, as every time I look at my current pair I'm a little sad.

Yep, I just bought the Impact Pro's last week. Its an awesome glove. The all-black version is only available for Law Enforcement, but I'm trying to source some.

And even though I am doing a Mk.VI build (custom though), I really like the less armored and sleeker look.

ya i agree, im tryin to find ones that are just the basic material of tac gloves but not too much armored stuff or details on the top that will make it harder to attach the armor to. I was looking into RAP4 gloves, however the strap on top of the hand looks like it would be in the way of the armor plate that goes there. So im tryin to find ones that strap under the hand or atleast dont have such a thick strap that will be in the way.

I think the Ironclad Tac Ops are nice ones too. It's designed for holding weapons ;) so your hands will probably not get too sweaty in them...

tacopsTOG.jpg

whats the best way to attach the armor to the gloves? its my first suit so i dont know, i was thinking hot glue?

whats the best way to attach the armor to the gloves? its my first suit so i dont know, i was thinking hot glue?

For the handplates on my TK armor I glued an elastic strip to the underside which goes around my wrist and then an elastic hair loop (to tie a ponytail) at the front so it goes around my middle finger. I have read about using velcro or magnets as well - if you look through the build threads you'll probably see different methods used :)

I used Rothco Leather Kevlar Tactical gloves for my Halo 3 suit.

41dk-L-YrBL._SX522_.jpg

I used 2 loops of elastic. One goes around the wrist and one goes around the palm of your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back