What happens to cheaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier

Found here:

http://www.halo3forum.com/halo-3-general-d...lood-aware.html

Anyone who hates packet flooders will enjoy this thread, and any of you who PACKET FLOOD (ip flood) be aware......

as many of you know, i work for Comcast as a tier 2.5 support agent, which essentially means im on of the top 1% elitest agents..I fix anything other agents cant...

I was playing halo 2 the other day (this also applies to halo 3 btw) went into matchmaking with somefriends and pulled host, not 2 minutes after the game started i went into blue screen..immediately opened up CAIN AND ABLE, which is a program that monitors packet transfer, i was getting pinged numerous amounts of packets..essentially flooding MY ip address causing me to lag out...i proceeded to block all of the ips so that my connection could recover itself...i waited till the game was done and sent a friend request to all the people in the other party, i joined their party and proceeded to tell all of them that what they were doing is EXTREMELY ILLEGAL, when one of the kids got a bright idea and decided to respond and said ("suck my balls f.g you aint gonna do sh.t") this kid wasnt very bright because it all only took me 15 seconds to figure out he had comcast..(((theres a trick to find out what exacly someones ip is without even being in their party, unfortunately i will not disclose this))) unlucky for him i had work in 20 minutes...this is where the fun begins......i proceeded to input his ip address into a pogram we have called SERVICE VISIBILITY PORTAL..SVP for short and it brought up his account, address phone number, daddy's credit card info..the whole nine yards...well, i decided that since this kid was indeed involved in illegal activity i'd give his daddy a call..I proceeded to tell his father his son was involved in illegal activities over the internet and punishment could be imprisonment and a monitary fine...and the immediate penalty was that i was going to have to disable his internet for 1 week..which is actually defined in our terms of use policy under "ABUSE".well the father was furious, not at me however he assured me he would take care of the problem... the father began to yell at his son, i then heard a loud smack, and then sobbing, and then cracking noise as if something was breaking..it then occured to me that the father had just beat the sh.t out of his kid, and the cracking noise was the sound of a hammer on an xbox , i decided that being the self indulgent bastard i am, i wanted more...i asked to speak to the son, and only then would i not temp cancel their service...so the father put the son on the phone, still sobbing i might add..and i said to him.."do you know who this is??" he answered "no"..i said "remember that guy u cheated some 20-30 minutes ago and i said u would pay??, well guess what son...u just did "

jlkhjlkjkjjkw9.jpg

gatewayinfokc2.jpg

i basically added these to pics for the non believers...and YES I can powercycle "shut off your modem" and lag you out of matchmaking aswell...all i have to do is go on bungie to see if you are playing or not..just to make you lose your lvl you you cheating f.g

let this be a lesson to any of you f.gs out there that packet flood..because it's not just cheating...it's illegal...let this stupid little boy be a lesson to u all, dont flood my ip, or anyone elses...because if you plan on doing so i will cancel your service and you WILL have to find an new isp which can mean up to 500$ in installation charges, and for many of you comcast is the ONLY isp in your area...so let me rephrase this..IS IT WORTH IT????

This is just so... Delicious.

Um...wow...I definitely don't want to get on that person's bad side, but my ideals are the same, if you want to cheat like that prepare to pay the price or punishment.

Eh, I'd consider the abuse of power to be on-par with the cheating. Seems like they were both assholes to me.

sweet!!!

or you could be one of the many people that help moderate xbl and simply terminate his account.. and block his credit card.. ( and maybe even his IP.. ) (not sure about the last part but I heard a mod atempted to at one time, whether its possible or not I dunno)

your way sounds so much more fun...
but nice job in handling those sniveling little cheaters. not enough
people out their willing to do the work to try and make gaming fare for all..

Vrogy said:
Eh, I'd consider the abuse of power to be on-par with the cheating. Seems like they were both assholes to me.

You sure about that? Abuse of power sucks, but it seems to me you've never played against a cheater. Cheaters ruin the game for everyone. That guy so deserved that.

Last edited by a moderator:
TF_Productions said:
You sure about that? Abuse of power sucks, but it seems to me you've never played against a cheater. Cheaters ruin the game for everyone. That guy so deserved that.

It's just a game. Also, the father beating his kid.. opinions on corporal punishment vary, but I grew up without it and the general consensus is that I turned out OK. And to rub it in the kid's face IS definitely over the line.

If I was in the tech's shoes I think I would have merely suspended the kid's access, impersonally notified him of why that happened, and monitor him to see if he did it again.

Vrogy said:

Meh, i dont think it was abuse of power, he knew the kid was doing something, that was illegal, he was obligated to stop it... but maybe the comment to the kid personally was a little over the top.

Wow! i always wanted to know "how" people cheat. (i'm smart computer wise but not that smart like all those IT and CIT people out there). the best part was when you called the kid up. now making his dad "beat him down" and smash the poor xbox...gee....you really love your job! great story!!! i had a good laugh today!!! i will have to tell my other friends about this!!!
thanks for shareing!!

I think the important lesson here is that it IS possible to bitch-slap someone on X-box live. Second hand but whatever.

Never knew about that packet flooding thing. Though it does explain why I've had it happen more than a few times when I'm in the lead by a good 8 kills in Lone Wolves or Rumble Pit that my connection goes from perfect to redline super-lag with 30 second black screen respawns or even lags me out of the match all together. Doc can relate. ;)

@Xavier: obviously not :lol:

Yeah, it sucks to be the kid, cause his dad is real monster. bottom line: don't cheat!

wow, that is hilarious, i dont think the warrenty covers hammer smashes does it? and this does explain why when i first played halo 2 online that i suddenly went from good connection to rly laggy so fast =/. i dont see why someone would do that tho it would just make it boring if everyone stood still while you shot them? unless you are so obsessed with lvling up or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back