What Is The Best Way To Not Get Bored While Cutting Pepakura?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BladeSlasher

Jr Member
Hey guys I am currently in the process of cutting my Halo 3 MC helmet and i would really like to hear your guys ideas / techniques on not getting extremely bored while cutting any tips are useful and i will try them all! :lol

BladeSlasher! :D

Well it may be a little late, but try using the pen scoring method and do the scoring in school/at work!;)

Try cutting and pepping while watching TV, movies, or listening to music. also, you don't need exact cuts on the tabs, so don't waste your time cutting them EXACTLY.

also try cutting everything first, and get the boring part out of the way so you can at least have some fun just building!

works for me! :"D

I wouldn't recommend cutting all of your pieces first. I did it one time and lost 2 pieces.

Keep your pages in a folder or something and just pick out the pieces you want to score/cut. It will keep your work area clean and your pieces more easier to find.

I too watch movies and listing to music while I pep.

-Pony

ACDCrockr209 said:
I wouldn't recommend cutting all of your pieces first. I did it one time and lost 2 pieces.

Keep your pages in a folder or something and just pick out the pieces you want to score/cut. It will keep your work area clean and your pieces more easier to find.

-Pony

I also put them in a folder or tupperware but it drives my husband nuts he rather keep them all on the coffee table but when you are working on something and so is someone else they tend to get mixed together. Also i usually watch movies when cutting the pieces out

Last edited by a moderator:
everyone got it covered. music and video. i catch up on the media that i dont have time to watch normally, and that i dont have to pay full attention to.

pay attention to it.. put some music on or something. for scoreing if your useing an exacto knife flup the blade and use the back to score works wonders... bu flip the blade i mean the sharp cutting edge points to the ceiling

BladeSlasher said:
thanks guys just woundering how you score it a explianation will be veyy good thanks!

youre gonna want to check the stickies. or the post above your last one.

Last edited by a moderator:
to not get bored, I usually either watch TV and youtube videos, listen to music or all of them together :p

I cut pieces in sections ie. faceplate, left side, right side, etc. and keep the pieces in a box so I don't lose any. I fold all the pieces of a section at once, and glue all at once. The cutting is the only part I don't like. Once everything is cut, I don't get bored, because the folding and gluing go pretty fast. The gluing is the most fun, because the model comes to shape and you feel a great accomplishment has been made when you finish a section.

I watch tv or listen to music to keep from getting bored. I also take lots of breaks, because glue needs to dry and it also gives me a chance to clean up a little. I did a helmet all in one shot and when I was done, there were millions of little white triangles stuck in my carpet and I was too lazy after putting it together to want to clean it up.

The best way to not get bored while cutting pepakura is to have a craftrobo cut it for you. I really need to get one.

This message is brought to you by sore fingers.

as most have said watch something. ive watched so many tv shows and animes. pick a show with lots of season u like and download it and watch it. i watched all of dragon ball this year and stargate sg1 the year befor. also get a buddy to help if you can

My favorites things to listen to while pepping are:

-Any of the Halo soundtracks

-Whoever happens to be running their mouth on ESPN radio

-Rush Limbaugh, but this isn't for everybody.

heyguys just a quicky i stupedly posted a new topic about what to watch and all that but that was a mistake is there anyway i can go about deleting it? if so please tell me how as soon as you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back