what kind of PC should i get

Status
Not open for further replies.
AoBfrost said:
Dont purposely do it.

Also, 8800 isnt worth the money, the 8600 is alot more bug free than the 8800 was when it first came out, plus, the price you paid for a 8800, pretty soon for the same price, a 9800 will be out.
Sooooo an 8800GTS isnt worth 13 (thirteen) dollars? How so, cause it seemed like a great deal opposed to 395 to me.

Rvb4life; unless youve been living under a rock for the past 7 years, ATI is loosing more and more ground to nVidia each year. They're cards are very buggy and there for are forcing one time loyalists to nVidia who then love the cards more :)

Last edited by a moderator:
rvb4life said:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikibooks/en/3..._Desktop_PC.pdf

It should help you.....and GO TO NEWEGG.com!!!!!!!

they always have the low price on thousands of things. I would go there and get parts for my PC, but it runs in $1000, and im unemployed.

also, get a Crossfire motherboard and 2 ATI graphics cards. there the shizzle.
He just said he wasnt going to be buying a new PC any time soon.

Spartan 051 said:
if your buying a laptop buy a mac with parallels

2 in one

I have a MBP with parallels and it is BEAST!!! Also upgraded it with the new N vidia GTX8800... AMAZING GRAPHICS!!!

AoBfrost said:
Alienware is a piece of junk now adays, when they were their own PC company, they were still expensive, but you got a quality product, now Dell owns them, their poor customer support and poor build quality and care is what we know as alienware. If you want a PC for 3000 dollars, go get a voodoo, HP owns them, and HP is known for their quality.

Though a 3000 dollar PC is crazy, I would look for something in the 400-700 dollar range for internet use, burning dvd's, and playing some games. They wont run games at full graphics if the game is brand new, but they will probably run with lower graphics. Anything else such as surfing the net, and running programs, a cheap PC can handle easily.

Ok alienwares suck... they are basically old shitty pc's with old parts, that run ok, BUT you could find much better parts for the same price BUT then they make it look cool and paint it and add on another 1000 bucks. If your in the 2000 dollar range i say go with an Asus G1-AS1 It is an amazing machine for 2000 bucks.

Ragnarok118 said:
Sooooo an 8800GTS isnt worth 13 (thirteen) dollars? How so, cause it seemed like a great deal opposed to 395 to me.

Rvb4life; unless youve been living under a rock for the past 7 years, ATI is loosing more and more ground to nVidia each year. They're cards are very buggy and there for are forcing one time loyalists to nVidia who then love the cards more :)

I got my 8800GTX for like 200 bucks and it is workign great. Also it has DX10 Support so when DX10 becomes available on pc's it will still run AMAZINGLY... DONNOT get the 8600 it doesnt have dx10 support which you will want unless you want to buy another card in about a year or 2.

Really, a PC from the store for 400-500 dollars can handle any game spec wise, EXCEPT for the graphics card, I saw a PC for with 2gigs of ddr2 ram, 250gig HDD, and athlon 64x2 5000+ for only 450 this week at either office depot or best buy, all you need to do is get a good graphics card for 100-200 dollars and there you go.

Buying out of a box now is becoming just as cheap depending on where and who you buy from, I calculated the cost of a PC with the same parts as one I saw in the ad, more expensive, but 100% same parts, and thats WITHOUT a case, a case would add another 50-100 dollars to the price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back