what program??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizander

ok, I want to make a pep file, as in completly design it from scratch, but I don't have 400 bucks to buy some program, and sketch up won't work on my Melenium computer. Are there any other programs that work work on my old computer??? It HAS to work on melenium (not to sound pushy or impatient or anything like that, but whats the point if it doesn't work on my computer right??). thanks guys.

Try Rhino3d, its free for up to 27 saves. Don't ask me where they got the magic number 27, but it's mathematical, like AutoCAD. It's really easy to work with, like you type circle, and it asks where.

cgspartan said:
blender, modeling in it is no different than that of 3dmax or maya. (as far as the utilities and tools) and it's totally free.

http://www.blender.org/
blender is soooo hard to use i've been trying to learn for like a month and i still don't get it

Last edited by a moderator:
supertaco said:
blender is soooo hard to use i've been trying to learn for like a month and i still don't get it

I tried blender, didn't like it, so I went on to MS3D and 3DS max.

Anim8or's modeler is damn good. Animation/texturing/rendering......meh.
But the modeler is awsome.

Vader said:
By "melenium" do you mean Windows ME, or Millennium Edition?

whats the difference?? anyway my computer says on the start menu: Windows ME Millennium Edition.

I once tryed to make a first person shooter on blender, and I had to learn to make the levels and I went through the tutorials and everything else, but all I learned was how to make a snowman. Short version: TOO HARD (plus i didn'thave time to really learn it the program) I downloaded anim8tor today at school, and I have to find out if it works on my computer. anyways thanks guys, over christmas I'll try all these different programs out while I'm waiting for my fiberglass to dry.

Robogenesis: is 3ds free?? easy to use?? Is milkshape free?? my parents won't let me use their credit card on line. :cautious: (too concerned with "security" stuff, oh well)

Tsu Mia: auto cad is fun to play with. :lol: after my 27 saves are up, can I just uninstall Rhino
3d and download it again??

No, neither are free. 3ds max is a ton, but you can use a 30 day free trial, and same with Milkshape. 3ds max is 3500 or 400 dollars, Milkshape is 25 bucks. No 3D program is "Easy". If it is, then you can't do anything, where if it's good, it's hard to learn. :D
Wings 3D is completely free, but is a bitch to get the hang of. I wouldn't really recomend it, except for a last resort.

i've tried almost all of these except rhino and milkshape so here are my reviews:

blender:
petrifying at first glance but when you finish learning it(like 1/2 a year later) it's a powerful modeling tool.
if you want try reading some of the adobe reader manuals on the wikipedia page for blender. the beginner manual is 140 pages so be warned.

anim8or:
pretty easy to learn, i have in a few days but just for a little help you might want to check out a few tutorials, but not nearly as much as blender.
it doesn't have as much capabilities as blender so your models might take a bit longer to make but you won't spend nearly as much time trying to learn it as other programs.

gmax:
pretty much just 3ds max without the animating part and without some of the more advanced tools
you can get it here if you check out the tutorial pages there should be a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back