What to Do with My Old Costumes?

Would You Want to Own an RFP Creation?

• No, I'm broke.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Yes, I'd love a piece of costuming history.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I'd bid not to own it, but to support your Hunter funds.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's just cardboard and it's useless.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I only want the Jackal Shield.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Other (Please reply in thread)

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RFPnoodle

First off: I need to lurk more. Holycrap.

Secondly, I am not sure if this is the place to post this (despite having been here long enough) But it is halo-related so I'm going to post it and let the repercussions come to me.

Alright, so many of you are familiar with my Grunt and Jackal costumes. They take up a lot of space, I doubt I will wear them again, and currently I am trying to reduce the amount of my possessions. So this thread is here to posit this question: Would anyone buy pieces/parts of my costumes? (Note: this is not a sale thread, so I didn't think it would go in the classifieds. Mods move it if need be, please.) I'm posting this before I destroy them in case anyone would. I need to know that there would be interest in this.

Alright, so here's the deal:

If I were to sell parts of my costumes, they would be parts. Recently I have set my grunt costume aflame--video to come--(though I kept the "gauntlets" and respirator), I have kept only the needler of my very first grunt costume, and I still have all of my jackal, but the torso has been cut in half (front and back separated) and the mask is in bad shape because of color pigment fading (video also to come).

I am definitely going to auction my Jackal Shield on ebay, but I am not sure where to post that, or if I am allowed to. So as soon as I figure out what is going on with that, I will let you all know when it is up for sale. That of all of my pieces/parts would be the only thing probably worth something to someone.

The rest would pretty much be useless, though I suppose the respirator could be a part of someone's costume, but it's cardboard so unless you're making the rest of your costume out of cardboard, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Pretty much the pieces (except the Jackal stilts, you could use the wooden base of them for a costume) would be sold for souvenir purposes only, that is, if you wanted to have a piece of a semi-well-known costume just for kicks. They would all be penny auctions and go for however much anyone would be willing to pay.

All the proceeds will go toward my making my Hunter costume and getting it to a con, which is indeed still in the works, and the stilts for it are (finally) going to be made the next time I'm at my dad's where he has power tools.

So, would anyone actually bid on these pieces? They are made of cardboard and purely of sentimental/entertainment value. I'm throwing this out here in case anyone wants to support the Hunter cause, or to have the remnants of my old costumes before I utterly destroy them in the name of science.

--Random

I'm sure many people would love to purchase pieces. I would just say post a thread in the classified section offering your pieces up for reasonable costs.

If I were you I would start an interest thread to see what kind of feed back you get. I'm sure that you will have some pretty good feedback, after all, your suits are pretty darn awesome. Best of luck with everything.

I think what he means is: Just try it. Make a WTS thread in the Classifieds and see what happens. Nothing is lost if nobody is interested.

I think what he means is: Just try it. Make a WTS thread in the Classifieds and see what happens. Nothing is lost if nobody is interested.

You got it V. After all noodle, you don't know if you don't try.

I can never get over that shield, its sooo nice! I want to know how you did that pattern! lol

Well, I was going to have them start at 1 cent and just let whoever bid however much.

Buuuuuuut I'm going to post a video explaining what exactly did happen to the costume pieces. So, sorry for those who were interested.

I'm still going to auction the shield, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back