What you would change or add in Halo 4 and what you want Halo 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlusherCape26

Hello 405th I'm creating this thread to find out what you as an individual would do if you work for 343 industries and were able to do anything with in reason that you want in Halo 4 and 5.
This includes things like multiplayer game type's, DLC, maps both new and old, weapons, vehicles, armor abilities, etc...
So let your mind run free and reless all you halo idea's

Ooohhh nice question...

Well id say id probably add more spartan IV's to the mix in halo 5 - or maybe bring back the Arbiter?

Dunno about as a playable char's but i think u could have a lot bigger battles ( look what Bungie are wanting to do with Destiny) and get more of a feel that your turning the tide of the conflict in that way - something iv always felt since the second game, even when you team up with ppl/marines/covenant/flood it always felt small scale and insignificant on the grand scheme of things. Reach did an ok job at times but new console? Lets make it bigger, more turning the tide by your own hand"

There both pretty obvious though, failing that id like to see another game similar to ODST, either add on or stand alone - i really enjoyed the change of pace and style.

Although I highly doubt they're doing this, I think it would be amazing if they included some of the story on Sanghelios and possibly included Kilo 5 to some extent. That being said, I'm all for Thel being a big player in halo 5. (SPOILER OF GLASSLANDS/THURSDAY WAR) Although the books make it very evident that ONI wants to dismantle the infrastructure of sanghelios, I still have fantasies of a human/sangheli alliance being created, and scores of Elites fighting along side Spartan IVs.

I second Ghosts Kilo Five idea!
Hell... They should get their own game! Maybe a squad based shooter with a touch of mass effect style ship movement? Just imagine the possibilities for BB to make jokes when the player fails something!
Maybe bring back a little bit of the banter the ODST's had?

A girl can dream....

Well these are some awesome idea's
I thought about a couple DLC idea's call them something like "The armory of the Dawn" and "Shadow of Noble Team" and bring back the classic halo 3 and reach armor unaltered even the hayabusa katana

I second the idea of larger scale battles, but only if they stay in the campaign. I don't know about anyone else but I found big team battles in Halo 4 really frustrating, trying to run around huge maps like Ragnarok to find people to shoot at, and then getting nailed by people campin' on their side of the map. Those huge maps punished people who actually played the objective in games like capture the flag, as the defenders could see them coming a mile away. For Halo 5 would definitely like to see the return of old characters be it the arbiter or maybe even some of the characters from ODST, who knows who might show up. Also bring back firefight, as well as another season of spartan ops. I know technically spartan ops was supposed to replace firefight and the first season was awesome, but I'd love to have firefight back. Especially if you could choose between promethean and covenant firefight mode or maybe even a combination of both. Anyways those are the ideas I can think of right now.

I agree about firefight. I'd love to see that return. It's one of the things about Reach the my wife likes, so we'd spend hours, just the two of us, taking on the Covenant. She was disappointed when we found out Halo 4 wouldn't include firefight.

Since we're on the topic of what we would change; regarding Halo 4, I'd put Master Chief in his Halo 3 Mk VI suit until he linked up with Infinity. After that, he could switch out armor and be wearing the new style armor. Using nanobots as an explanation as to why the armor changed so drastically still doesn't sit well with me.

I think they should make another ODST game. The main focus of the games is Master Chief and the Spartans, well.....Master Chief. Dont get me wrong, Master Chief is a boss however a little change from the norm would be nice. As sequel to Halo 4 maybe?

well I would like the inne war as a game only use the ODST's for the whole thing. what fun. covie's working with humans what a twist.

The halo universe(Lore) is so huge and really untapped by the game. I would love to see 343 really dive deeper into story. Maybe very advanced character customization for single player and coop. Make coop canon so it's not just your friend disappearing when you go into a cut scene. I don't think free roam would be possible but idk. Halo has a lot of potential and I would hate to see it be like COD where it's the same stuff over and over. Spartan's/UNSC special forces fighting alongside covenant separatists too.

Please bring Firefight back. Spartan Ops was good when it was played a few times but it gets old very fast. I was expecting more and more episodes after the conclusion of the first season. Did it seem like Spartan Ops was quite redundant? Go here and go there to press a button. What I didn't get was re-using the same areas that had been fought previously. The thought kept coming to my head, "I was just here a couple of episodes before. Why do I have to retake it again and again?" Firefight at least adds some randomness to the battlefield. I like to dictate where I could go and where I could defend my position.

I'm kind of two sided when it comes to the campaign. Master Chiefs new armor did throw me off. I would agree with carp that 343 could have implemented the new armor seamlessly using his method of getting the new armor on the Infinity. While I did like the campaign, I think it could have been better. I feel like the Didact was a big threat, not a galactic threat if that makes any sense. The Didact would have eventually been stopped. Would it be fair to compare the threat level of the Didact with the Flood? The Flood literally threatened all life, not just Humanity. I like threats that seem impossible to beat, kind of like Mass Effect with the Reapers and Halo with the Flood (and sort of the Covenant). While I do recall that the Master Chief had a difficult time with the Didact; it didn't feel the same way or have a big impact like the original Bungie games had. But there is still hope and I believe that 343 came make a major come back with Halo 5. Oh and what Daniel said about the coop and having unique characters instead of multiple master chiefs; please bring that back :)

I have mixed feelings for multiplayer in Halo 4. Sprint is good, keep it. I tried to play Halo 3 and I had to keep reminding myself I can't sprint and advance on a location with greater speed. Sprint adds another layer of strategy I'm not familiar with in Halo but I welcome it. Simply because it makes the match more random and unique. I have heard arguments for and against removing sprint in the next Halo (just go to Halo Waypoint and you'll know what I mean:) but sprint is here to stay. Get rid of flinch and bring back descoping. Am I the only one that dislikes the Mantis and SAW?

Now onto the ODST...thing. I really enjoyed playing ODST because it made me fear my enemies again. Coming up against a pair of hunters or a brute chieftan as an ODST made me want to avoid them. I don't get that same vibe in Halo 4, which is fine. The Master Chief is such a hardcore character and should stay that way. But I also like to get a sense to how the rest of humanity has to deal with the monstrosities that the Chief can simply swipe away. I would really enjoy another "ODST" kind of theme game but maybe no ODSTs. Maybe a separate spin off from the Master Chief's story but it shouldn't take over his story. The Reclaimer Saga is Master Chief's story, anything different from that could take away from his story. I wouldn't mind a side story with an ODST'esque style of game but the next halo should definitely not be like that. I could see the Master Chief acting as a non-playable character and you play as someone else but that is highly unlikely. We will play as Master Chief in the next Halo, it's inevitable and I don't mind at all.

Well that's the end of my rant, lol.

I would really enjoy another "ODST" kind of theme game but maybe no ODSTs. Maybe a separate spin off from the Master Chief's story but it shouldn't take over his story. The Reclaimer Saga is Master Chief's story, anything different from that could take away from his story. I wouldn't mind a side story with an ODST'esque style of game but the next halo should definitely not be like that. I could see the Master Chief acting as a non-playable character and you play as someone else but that is highly unlikely.

Now don't call me crazy right away... but I think a really cool ODST'esque style gameplay, that could be integrated into the next game would be some way to play as the UNSC Marines. I've always wondered what it'd be like to control the poor cannon fodder that accompany Chief throughout the series. It's probably a dumb idea but hey, a guy can dream can't he?

"exeplelix" I don't know what the hell your just posted but if I could I would remove it from my thread you *jerk*.

hey I reported this hours ago and it's still not gone... so yeah it's a real pain and the mods I guess are off.

hey which ever moderator or administrator got rid of that guy's post to you I say
80040-thank-you-dear-sweet-baby-jesu-JvU1_zps84096b6e.jpe

Attachments

• 80040-thank-you-dear-sweet-baby-jesu-JvU1_zps84096b6e.jpe
    80040-thank-you-dear-sweet-baby-jesu-JvU1_zps84096b6e.jpe
    119.1 KB · Views: 187
Swearing, even when spelled out, is not allowed on this forum.
Sorry about the spelling when you get trolled it makes you type some unkind things... But on the plus side you learned 11 words in the phonetic alphabet :D so hope you have a "November, India, Charlie, Echo," "Delta, Alpha,Yankee" :D

Let's Get This Back To Where It Was

The question is what would you do as an individual if you worked at 343 industries and you could do/ change anything you wanted "Within reason" in Halo 4 and Halo 5

Sorry about the spelling when you get trolled it makes you type some unkind things... But on the plus side you learned 11 words in the phonetic alphabet :D so hope you have a "November, India, Charlie, Echo," "Delta, Alpha,Yankee" :D

you know they have a song that is done like that. plus Charlie, Hotel, Echo, Echo, Romeo, Sigma. :p

you know they have a song that is done like that. plus Charlie, Hotel, Echo, Echo, Romeo, Sigma. :p

Ok the but just so you know "sigma" is not in the phonetic alphabet the word for S is sierra. But can everyone just stick to the threads purpose "Papa, Lema, Echo, Alpha, Sierra, Echo"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back