When was the first time you played a Halo game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODST Blue

Jr Member
The Halo:CE anniversary edition is coming out soon and it got me feeling nostalgic and reminded me of the first time I ever played Halo. I remember it like it was yesterday... *cue cheezy flashback*...

I wondered into my local Comp USA, not really looking for anything in particular just browsing, as I regularly do, I was looking at some ridiculously priced headphones when I got a sudden urge to check what xbox demos they had a the kiosk, I remember walking over to it, not really expecting to find anything that would catch my attention, when I got to it, a demo was already loaded, I figured what the heck I'll play it, I saw a hulking soldier clad in green armor, I scrounged for weapons, I mowed down aliens on a severely damaged space ship, I bashed in aliens heads with the butt of my gun, I had a sassy yet smart AI speaking to me as if she were in my head...all the while wondering..."what glorious game is this?" Of course it was Halo:Combat Evolved.

This game changed the way I look at video games, and raised the bar for people who make them, so I ask you: When was the first time YOU played a Halo game, and how did you discover it?(assuming you have played one obviously)

my cousin introduced me to it about a month after the CE release. at that time, i didnt like it too much, then a while later i played h2 with a friend and i sucked at it. but i wanted to get better, so i bought ce and 2, then all of them after that. i love halo, but i dont know if ill continue considering 343 is a disgrace in my opinion

I used to hate on people who played it(I was super against XBOX because of the bread loaf controllers) but once i finally got talked into playing ce, I was hooked. I'm not sure why mjjmk would say that 343 is a disgrace, seeing as the bulk of the people there are formerly of bungie, or played major roles in the halo titles.... Just saying

this belongs in the general or halo discussion section, not the noob forum :/ but I played it when I was in middle school I think, don't really remember lol

I used to hate on people who played it(I was super against XBOX because of the bread loaf controllers) but once i finally got talked into playing ce, I was hooked. I'm not sure why mjjmk would say that 343 is a disgrace, seeing as the bulk of the people there are formerly of bungie, or played major roles in the halo titles.... Just saying

im just saying because i couldnt imagine anyone but bungie making halo. i believe its a disgrace because the people from bungie are under under a power that really just makes them do what they believe is good for 343. i dont like the idea of halo being made for money, even though that was a main point for them, bungie put so much effort and passion into the game. yes, halo 4 could be good and continue the franchise, but think about it- "Halo 3- Finish the fight" then "halo 4- just 1 more okay?"

I was maybe 9 or 10 and i had just gotten my XBOX 360. I started with Halo 3 because my friend hated it and gave it to me. I guess thats my first halo game.

im just saying because i couldnt imagine anyone but bungie making halo. i believe its a disgrace because the people from bungie are under under a power that really just makes them do what they believe is good for 343. i dont like the idea of halo being made for money, even though that was a main point for them, bungie put so much effort and passion into the game. yes, halo 4 could be good and continue the franchise, but think about it- "Halo 3- Finish the fight" then "halo 4- just 1 more okay?"

The people from bungie don't make halo anymore for starters. Secondly, the ones that went to 343 are of course going to willingly do whats best for 343 since they left bungie for that company. Thricely, they announced that there would be 3 more halo game, made from 343, so just 1 more wouldn't work lol

The people from bungie don't make halo anymore for starters. Secondly, the ones that went to 343 are of course going to willingly do whats best for 343 since they left bungie for that company. Thricely, they announced that there would be 3 more halo game, made from 343, so just 1 more wouldn't work lol

this is basically what i meant haha.

this belongs in the general or halo discussion section, not the noob forum :/ but I played it when I was in middle school I think, don't really remember lol

I agree, unfortunately I'm still classified as a noob so this is the only place I could post this.

Ya, I was stationed in Japan at the time and a couple of my buddies bought the first halo (pretty sure it was the first). Not too long after that we had LAN parties at the barracks and people would bring in their xboxs and tvs. We had cables running out the windows of the third floor down to the second. It became a weekend thing for awhile there. Man that was a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back