Where are all the Pep Files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancer2020

Before the transfer to this new site the Archives was loaded with files. Now there are only 8 or so. I was about to start a Halo 5 build.

What happened?

you need to visit the old archive, but some of the files are corrupt or something, so you'll have to download everything as a .zip file, and extract it with the 7zip program. here's how Draco did it: HERE, at the bottom of the page, he shows how to do it.

excuse me, can i ask...?
me or enyone else, some pepakura file from old site wich has been downloaded is failed to open on the papakura viewer and designer

a lot of people are having same problems.. what happened to this site? it's total garbage now..
no it is not garbage, just some quirks Cyzam lol

excuse me, can i ask...?
me or enyone else, some pepakura file from old site wich has been downloaded is failed to open on the papakura viewer and designer
Jevalow what browser are you using? and which unpacking program are you using 7zip, winrar etc? which version of pepakura are you using?
reason i ask is that when i tried to use the files that i had down loaded after the migration they only downloaded as a text document when i used opera or fire fox, i switched back to explorer( big GASP) it downloaded and opened just fine. also try to use a different unzipper for zipped files.
the pep version is something out of our control, except to export as an obj from pep 3, import into pep 4 and reunfold.

Crimmson for me unfortunately it is. i mean i would like to access old archive to finally download some high detail halo armor etc but registration is blocked on this site. new members cannot access old site at all.

As you might be able to see, the new File Archive, being rebranded as The Armory is being reorganized and built back up here. Art is hopeful that the reorganization and reupload will be done by the end of February. In the mean time, there are several long time members, myself included. Who have offered to retrieve files from the old archive for those members who made accounts after the site transfer.

If you know what Pep files, in what format, you are looking for, someone will be more than willing to assist you in obtaining them until such time as the files are finished being repopulated here in the new site.

yes i noticed there is "armory" section on this site. i already have those files. i'm looking as high detail files as possible. but if reupload takes less than a month that's awesome. i'm still completing thoughts on my first build and finding all the materials here in finland is insane (both availability and price!)
i'm thinking of building Halo 4 MK IV MC armor. i just love those biceps/shoulder panels. also with that kind of sacrum panel it might be possible to sit with this armor. if anyone haves high details files i'm more than interested!

Build method and materials will make a big impact on the files you can use, and the amount of detail the files will have. If you want to do the EVA foam method, the files will be lower detailed to compensate the differences in building with foam. If you go the traditional paper, fiberglass route, the files can be more detailed, but that build method is more complex and time consuming.

Also, as always, the files that are available are only those that community members have made and distributed. There is no garuntee that there will be "high res" versions of the files we want, especially for newer games. I am more than happy to look theory the old archive and see what kind of Halo 4 Mark IV files we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back