Where to go to cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
RandomRanger an art walk is usually put on in the theater districts of medium to large cities. Wherever there is a cluster of stage theaters, music venues, art galleries, etc. Some will often close the street down to allow for sidewalk food carts, beer gardens, street vendors. Other stores can get in on the action by bringing wines and cheeses for which you use tokens purchased from the event.

Really the suggestion translates to any street fair, but cosplay is a type of art.

RandomRanger an art walk is usually put on in the theater districts of medium to large cities. Wherever there is a cluster of stage theaters, music venues, art galleries, etc. Some will often close the street down to allow for sidewalk food carts, beer gardens, street vendors. Other stores can get in on the action by bringing wines and cheeses for which you use tokens purchased from the event.

Really the suggestion translates to any street fair, but cosplay is a type of art.
For us midwesterners that be an "art fair" RandomRanger
Ah, I see now, thanks.

Something to remember is people freak out easily these days. A Halo suit isnt as recognizable as something like Iron Man armor. People could see you wearing some unknown tacticool looking thing and assume all kinds of things.
The number of times I've been asked what kind of robot I am. Ugh.

The number of times I've been asked what kind of robot I am. Ugh.
I finally got my photo this weekend with Bumblebee after years of being complimented on my Bumblebee/Transformer/Robot costume.
1562775225892.png

I once won first place in a local costume contest for haloween with my homemade endermen costume. I was 12? And made the whole thing myself with cardboard, hotglue, and some spraypainted screen for the eyes.all the fellow kids loved it, but when I won and went onstage, they asked what I was. I told them I was an enderman, and they game me a first place pin as my reward and yelled into the mic "give it up for robot cardboard box man!". Those words will never leave my head :whistle:
IMG_5661.jpg

I once won first place in a local costume contest for haloween with my homemade endermen costume. I was 12? And made the whole thing myself with cardboard, hotglue, and some spraypainted screen for the eyes.all the fellow kids loved it, but when I won and went onstage, they asked what I was. I told them I was an enderman, and they game me a first place pin as my reward and yelled into the mic "give it up for robot cardboard box man!". Those words will never leave my head :whistle:
At least you didn't get stuck in a cage match.

But that's pretty awesome man, I build my first cardboard suit at 10 but I never entered a contest. Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back