Which body armor to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visterheil

Hello, I was not very certain where to post this thread but I believe it's in the New Recruit discussion. Anyways, I am new here and getting into making Halo props and other ones also. I was wondering, how do I know which body armor would fit or look best with a specific type of helmet or it doesn't really matter? I know this question maybe quite confusing others but for example if I had made a Scout helmet, how would I know which body armor to use, would it look good with the normal Master Chief body armor or does it have to be a specific armor. I haven't really played any Halo games except Halo 3 so I don't really know which armor looks good with a specific helmet like the Scout helmet, etc. I do know the basics or pepakura software and its hardening process but it's the armor of Halo I do get confused with, that's why I went here and ask the experts , overall, thank you for your time and answering my question; and my very first post.

Ok I can say I can probably tell you some stuff about what armor will go nice with that scout helmet. I actually am currently making a set of armor using the scout helmet. The build with the scout helmet that I am doing is the new version of it from halo 4 & 5 not the halo 3 version. For reference I am building the RVB felix armor which has the scout helmet and all sorts of other armor like the soldier chest plate. But if you want to go with the halo 3 scout armor I would say that you could use the master chief armor to go with the helmet so it really does not mater what you use for the rest as long as you like the way the parts look
If you have any other question just ask
Michael/Fllschirmjager

I haven't played Halo 3 online before but from what I remember about Reach and Halo 4 (and after a quick youtube search later), you could cycle through the helmets you have unlocked and the armours that are likewise. You can easily just thumb through the games customisation and then select the suit you think looks best. Whatever you end up with will most definitely be in the File Archive and then you can rock and roll. If you want more opinions, take some screen shots and post them on the thread. Remember it is your choice in the end and you know what looks cool to you.

We tend to discourage 'indecision' threads - honestly, there's nobody better to decide what 'looks good' other than yourself. Nobody's going to pop their heads in halfway through your build to say 'HEY, THAT KIT SUCKS, YOU SHOULD'VE BUILT THIS INSTEAD!' - build what looks good for you.

Do some research, see what's out there on offer. There are tools that will allow you to construct and preview a model of your prospective build, so go nuts and see what you like best.

I see that there isn't really a armor that goes with a helmet and you can just mix it. Anyways thanks for the help! Hope to see I can buy time to start building soon.

You can choose pretty much all armors. I'd advise you go and look yourself and choose what you like most.
Also, - I'd discourage mixing Marks - if you want to go with Halo 3's Mark VI - go with both helmet and body, but don't mix Mark VI Scout with GEN2 or Mark V.

If you played Halo 3 - you had there many armor variants, like you said.

However, if you like the new Halo 4/5 GEN2 armor, you can always go to Halo Waypoint to "customize your spartan" to try on different helmets and armor sets.

Also, there are plenty of reference material from the games, be it Mark V from Halo Reach and all its variants, Mark VI from Halo 3 or GEN2 from Halo 4/5.

Seriously, you can mix all armors with helmets, they all look good and it's you who must decide and like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back