White/silver Lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phenry

Jr Member
I need some white or silver mirrored lenses for my next project, and I haven't been able to find anything online so far. I've tried looking at sunglasses, but just about all of the lenses are too chrome for what I'm going to be using them for (if there's no other available options, I will go for the blang blang look). If any of you guys could point me in a direction to find something that will work, it would be much appreciated.

It might help if you told us more specifics on what you need, like that the lenses are for, how big they need to be, the desired look... that sort of stuff.

If you insist, they're going to be used for Frank's eyes, so just your run of the mill sunglass lenses. You know, the 6 foot tall bunny rabbit from Donnie Darko.

frank.jpg

good movie

if you're freinds say they get it, they're lieing

but i would go to walmart and buy some of silver sunglasses, almost aviator sized

I cant confirm for sure, but a worker at home depot told me they sold these reflective window/glass/clear surface covers that are applied like "stickers". Although i didnt see them, he told me that they had one way silver reflective covers i could use with my helmet build...

Pilot92 said:
good movie

if you're freinds say they get it, they're lieing

not true, when me and dad watched it, he was stumped, I had to explain everything. Twas a while ago though.

I would think walmart would carry what your looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay well I watched DD again (which was my 20th or so time seeing it), and got these screen shots of Frank's mask:

frank1.jpg

frank2.jpg

Which definitely show his eyes are white. I was kinda thinking of trying different paints to achieve this effect, since I'm pretty sure there aren't any sunglasses out there with that concavity and color.

(Oh and mods feel free to move this if you feel it's not on-topic enough for this forum)

if u had loads of money and time then u could just paint them white and mount a camera in the mouth which will be displayed on a screen on the inside so you can see whats happening while pulling off the 2 way glass effect u know?

Zendric said:
not true, when me and dad watched it, he was stumped, I had to explain everything. Twas a while ago though.

I would think walmart would carry what your looking for.

touche sir

touche

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back