Who are you in the fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely an interesting topic here. As we're excluding the Spartans, I'd say I would be a navigational officer or the XO on the Infinity, as it closely parallels the reason I'm in NROTC; to become a NAV on a Nimitz or Ford class carrier.

Dude thats awesome I'm in AFJROTC and want to enlist in the Air Force to be in Secruity Forces

Why is it that whenever somebody's ignorance is exposed, the first thing they turn to is to call someone a crybaby?

1) You said ALL Spartans (or at the very least didn't specify any one group) were kidnapped as children. Then you went off on a highly inaccurate estimate of the odds of becoming a Spartan (1 in a trillion, the hell kind of math have you been studying out there in California?), and I merely explained just how ridiculously far off your estimates were, all of which was in my THIRD post.

2) I already answered your question in my SECOND post in response to your complaint about "No Spartans" after my first post. In fact, I answered the question TWICE, both as for me, personally (staying out of it) and as the role I would want if I had no choice but to join (sniper or Saber pilot), and furthermore that I had not given much thought to a character or persona aside from a Spartan, thus "sniper or pilot" was about as far into it as I had on hand. Maybe this time around you'll get it.

3) Save your pathetically juvenile insults for some grade-school punk who might actually be impressed with your blithering. I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and leave a more compelling and intelligent set of slurs circling the bowl on its way to the septic tank. You wanted an answer to your post, and now it's been answered 4 times. Maybe you should check your eyes instead of slinging insults at people who are simply participating in an open forum. Grow up, kid.

Why is it that whenever somebody's ignorance is exposed, the first thing they turn to is to call someone a crybaby?

1) You said ALL Spartans (or at the very least didn't specify any one group) were kidnapped as children. Then you went off on a highly inaccurate estimate of the odds of becoming a Spartan (1 in a trillion, the hell kind of math have you been studying out there in California?), and I merely explained just how ridiculously far off your estimates were, all of which was in my THIRD post.

2) I already answered your question in my SECOND post in response to your complaint about "No Spartans" after my first post. In fact, I answered the question TWICE, both as for me, personally (staying out of it) and as the role I would want if I had no choice but to join (sniper or Saber pilot), and furthermore that I had not given much thought to a character or persona aside from a Spartan, thus "sniper or pilot" was about as far into it as I had on hand. Maybe this time around you'll get it.

3) Save your pathetically juvenile insults for some grade-school punk who might actually be impressed with your blithering. I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and leave a more compelling and intelligent set of slurs circling the bowl on its way to the septic tank. You wanted an answer to your post, and now it's been answered 4 times. Maybe you should check your eyes instead of slinging insults at people who are simply participating in an open forum. Grow up, kid.

Right, lets just end this discussion.

I think it would be best for those interested in being a SPARTAN should have something in the Spartan Numbers thread. This thiread should stay non-SPARTAN, as in only for non-SPARTAN roles in the UNSCDF/UNSC/UEG/CAA. If you have a post in the Spartan Numbers thread, feel free to post another thing here. That's what I did.

And please, no throwing insults at each other. You know who you are, so stop it.

I'd be a marine shotgunner :p not interested in being a pilot or officer I'm more like the guy in the beginning of halo two an armorer with a shotgun :) btw I got NJORTC I'd rather be in army ROTC my teacher/warrant officer likes to call the air force the chair force :p

Dude thats awesome I'm in AFJROTC and want to enlist in the Air Force to be in Secruity Forces
Cool! I actually had a buddy who worked at NORAD in Colorado, and another who is stationed at McDill AFB here in Florida, definitely some interesting hardware that the USAF gets to play with, just not my cup of tea ;) My high school actually had AFJROTC too but I wanted to go Navy, and was not going to go the enlistment route, luckily most of the Universities here in Florida offer NROTC :D

I'd be a marine shotgunner :p not interested in being a pilot or officer I'm more like the guy in the beginning of halo two an armorer with a shotgun :) btw I got NJORTC I'd rather be in army ROTC my teacher/warrant officer likes to call the air force the chair force :p

To each his own, eh? I do have to agree though, my one buddy at McDill AFB said half of the time they're doing paperwork instead of flying lol!

Cool! I actually had a buddy who worked at NORAD in Colorado, and another who is stationed at McDill AFB here in Florida, definitely some interesting hardware that the USAF gets to play with, just not my cup of tea ;) My high school actually had AFJROTC too but I wanted to go Navy, and was not going to go the enlistment route, luckily most of the Universities here in Florida offer NROTC :D

Cool some of my friends who have graduated are in the military already, got a freind who's a Marine Scout Sniper, a friend who is in the Navy and he's stationed in Flordia, this couple I know the both Airman First Class in the Air Force she is a medic and he is a Tech field, and a friend who's is a Army Medic.

Let's lay the spartan/no spartan argument to rest. It's leading the thread off topic and contributing nothing. Off topic threads have a tendency to get closed.

Let's lay the spartan/no spartan argument to rest. It's leading the thread off topic and contributing nothing. Off topic threads have a tendency to get closed.

Particularly when someone's already been asked (perhaps with too much subtlety) to can the insults.

Flusher, you wanted answers, and I gave you answers, both on topic and off. You're only making yourself look like a trouble-maker by continually insulting people for doing nothing more than responding to you. Now, at Carpathia's request (because quite frankly, unlike you, Carpathia actually has my respect) I'm moving on. I've said my piece and am not accountable for whether you approve of it or not, and honestly couldn't care less one way or the other.

My Turn

Who am I? Captain Rainer, Fireteam Alpha Leader, 33rd ODST Battle Group, U.N.S.C. Destroyer Arizona. You know you need a break surviving this war. My first deployment was on Tribute, its was my first drop and it was a bad one. When are pods were lanching from the U.N.S.C. Andrew Jackson a Covenant Destoryer riped the ship apart, there were 150 pods that were going to be lanched only 37 made it off the ship and only 15 made it to the surface. The leader of are squad Capt. Parker died in his pod when it was still docked and I was the highest in rank that made it to the surface I was still a butter bar fresh out of Officer Training School, Pilot cerified, a skilled Marksman and I had to take charge of the 15 ODST that survived the drop. The odjective of that mission was to take out Covenant AA turrets but are demolition didn't make it, if we didn't take out those guns then evac transports would not be able to land and take off so we had to do something. By the grace of God we came across a hardware store on the way to are targets, if you give me a everything in a hardware store to use then you are going to get a bomb. I rigged up some IED with enough power that one could blow up a single Covenant AA gun twice, with all of us caring two each we were ready to complete the mission and then some. We took out all of the AA guns and were put on evacuation duty. After the lose of Tribute I was assigned to the U.N.S.C. Destroyer Arizona were I lead ODST Fireteam Alpha. Are team fought in many battles on different worlds, first was Havest, then Arcadia, then Reach, then Earth, and Finally the Ark. In that time period I was in six hard landings three in a D77-TC- Pelican, one in a UH-144- Falcon, GA-TL1- Longsword and a Covenant T-52 TC Phantom. The Pelican and Falcon crashes were do to AA missile's imapacting the front and rear flight stabilizer's on the Pelican and the left engine on the Falcon, the Longsword crash was due to heavy plasma damage from a Skirmish over Harvest, the Phantom was barely in fly able condition at take off we were inside a Covenant Cruiser that we interally sabotaged above the Ark. I also lost my left arm fighting Zealots on Reach, I got a robotic synthetic arm to replace mine and a week after it was attached I was back in combat. Now just a few years after the end of the war FLEETCOM has given me orders to train a Spartan Fireteam for the U.N.S.C. Infinity. I find it disrespectful to call these soldiers Spartans their not Spartans I fought with real Spartans and these soldier their no Spartans. well I guess I'm going to have to make these soldiers on Fireteam Crimson into real Spartans.

Chain Force aye well I'd rather be in a chain then stuck in a boat filled with almost nothing but men :p but if your into dudes then the navy is for you. I'm just kinding but almost everyone in my unit makes navy jokes

Oni- Security Division (ODST)
Bit of Long range and CQC Assassinating the enemy.
UNSC Navy
Planet Reach
I would live
My Story would be to make a name for myself and help those who are in need of help make sure that the people have a voice.. I would be known as The Senior Chief If I was a Spartan, But as an ODST I would be known as ODST BlackLight, the name will speak for itself..

Never really thought abbout it but probably I'd be a member of the UNSC Marines as a covert ops doing scout work and recon or a pilot in the airforce. I've always been on the stealthier side and due to my smaller stature it would be easy to infiltrate and hide. The reason I say air force is because I do have a little bit of a love of the concept of flight and my father is a hobby pilot so the planes do run in the blood to some extent but I've always kind of wanted to join the air cadets as a child I just never got that chance. In bboth cases I'd have a prefernce for long-range weapons as I personally enjoy Archery and Kyudo (Something I plan to eventually get into if I can find a Kyudo club outside of TO) and I like the idea of keeping my distance from the enemy and overpowering with smarts and stealth versus brawn and muscle- not that I dislike melee, I often pick the heavy axe classes on MMOs, but I am easily overpowered due to very mild strength when it comes to heavy-lifting and can't hit very hard compared to those with a larger composure.

I'll add to this later, it's 4am here and I have work later... What am I doing still awake???

in case your not joking i will answer you. its fricken red vs blue!!! caboose??? ... sorry when people do that i go a bit crazy... ok crazier.

Well, not everyone watches RvB. I personally dislike it, so I didn't know what you were referring to.
But, what would that mean? The question was what would you be in Halo universe... referring to Caboose, so you would want to be Caboose or what? Kinda doesn't fit as RvB aren't part of Halo universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back