Who has GMod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

Ok I need to find someone with GMod and Steam that can download this and e-mail it to me or redirect the files on another site. It's the Dead Space 2 Security Suit, and frankly this model is at the top of my list on getting the parts unfolded, so I ask that if any of you have access and can download it either e-mail or redirect the zip file please. My e-mail is cylonproject2000@yahoo.com if you do it that way.
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=118072

There are other ways of accessing that model mate. If you cant access it, why not use 3d ripper dx and the pc version of dead space 2? Thats all the members of Facepunch seem to do.

Because I don't have the PC version of Dead Space 2 and all I would have to do with that zip is open one of the files with the Crafty Object Viewer, export to OBJ and break it down with one of my 3D programs, I really don't like using 3D Ripper DX very often most games can be a pain to rip from.

*FACEPALM* This link is the only file I know of right now for any Dead Space 2 character, it's not my file hence why I'm asking for someone to help with downloading it for me and sending it here or to my e-mail address so I can unfold it.

I just looked at the files and I've never seen these file formats before: .vtx, .vvd, etc.

VTX --> Vertex?
VVD --> Minolta scanner 3D?

.VTX format is Valve Softwares proprietary storage format for HL2 based games. It stores mesh, material and L.O.D. information. .VVD stores bone weights, vertices and normals etc. It is much simpler to have the source files as a reference, compared to sourcing them directly from a video stream capture. They have less distortion, and the textures are not renamed. There was a problem a while back with decompiling Gmod models. They were a different version number to egular HL2 models, and as a result, the decompiler would not work. Cannonfodder now has a stand alone studiomdl compiler (no steam needed yay!) I think may be useful in decompiling a Gmod model.

I only use the model folder which has the MDL file in it, that has the model I open with the Crafty Object Viewer then export to OBJ this is how I get a good percentage of my models I get is from Facepunch, but sometimes I get stuck with a GMod link.

Anything that can be downloaded from GMod and put on 4shared with a link to it I'll take a look at it and break it down for pep, right now I'm working on this Security suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back