Whoa, Whoa, wait somethings fishy about H3s ending...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 270

Ok so after beating Halo 3 for the billionth time, I only realized this now.

Ok so if the portal to the ark was right above that crater near Voi, then how come when the arbiter and chief go through the portal to get back to earth why is the ship in space??? Shouldnt when they get through the portal the ship should land in the crater?? I dont get it. Can someone please explain this cause I dont get it. :cautious:

And on a side note, aren't the hunters supposed to be on the elites side? o_O

The entry point for the portal was at Voi. The exit point was in space, above the Ark.

As for the re-entry of the front half of Forward Unto Dawn at the end of the game - simple. Have a look at a map of Kenya and locate Voi.

It's just inland of the Indian Ocean. All you'd need is the correct insert trajectory to send the ship into the sea. See my example:

portals.png

Now for a bit of quantum physics.

Objects entering the 'event horizon' or 'surface' of a portal (if the portal is spherical) will always exit at exactly the trajectory they entered at. So, if the object (or ship) enters at a 90degree angle, it will always exit at a 90degree angle. If it enters at 45degrees to the horizontal, it will exit at 45 degrees to the horizontal (1 and 2 in the diagram). It will never 'double in' on itself and exit a portal at a different angle to which it went in (3 and 4 in the diagram). Think of it as poking a skewer through an orange - the skewer won't bend in on itself. It'll carry on through the portal as though it were going in a straight line, just exiting at a different point in space.

Forward unto Dawn merely entered at a trajectory that allowed the severed part to fall into the ocean.

And yes, the Hunters were allied with the Elites.

Wow....quantam physics...and Halo....you do know that its just a game, right? o_O But the sad thing is that i understood what you were saying. :lol: =P

How is this related to quantum physics? It sounds more like calculus to me. If it were being described using quantum physics the object would simultaneously enter and exit the portal in a state of superposition (all probable directions), until its position or velocity was observed

HAHAHA

Sorry, I just got an image of the ship suddenly shooting out as someone stood there and said 'oh look, weird shippy mass' xD

And I was being sarcastic with 'quantum physics', so I guess I should have clarified that. But to a few people I've explained this to, it might as well be. This matter would indeed relate more to calculus and common realspace-based physics... however, not very many people would understand that so well. I apologise for any ambiguity.

SpArtan-270 said:
And on a side note, aren't the hunters supposed to be on the elites side? o_O
yea, that p*ssed me right off!!! the grunts were too.

NZ-TK said:
How is this related to quantum physics? It sounds more like calculus to me. If it were being described using quantum physics the object would simultaneously enter and exit the portal in a state of superposition (all probable directions), until its position or velocity was observed
hmmm... isnt that the dead/living cat thing? poor cat. (schroodinger's?)

Last edited by a moderator:
flying_squirl said:
yea, that p*ssed me right off!!! the grunts were too.
hmmm... isnt that the dead/living cat thing? poor cat. (schroodinger's?)

No, not the grunts. The only time the grunts were on your side was in Halo 2 when the Arbiter was after the Heritic. BEFORE the Elites were kicked out of the Covenant. I'm kinda glad the Hunters aren't on your side in Halo 3, though it pissed me off at first. Hunters were always fun to fight.

ya basicly when the arby's half went through the portal. the portal colapsed and broje thet ship in half...

Friendly said:
No, not the grunts. The only time the grunts were on your side was in Halo 2 when the Arbiter was after the Heritic. BEFORE the Elites were kicked out of the Covenant. I'm kinda glad the Hunters aren't on your side in Halo 3, though it pissed me off at first. Hunters were always fun to fight.

Grunts were on your side in the final mission vs the brutes and jackals.

you all should read the book "halo effect" it has a whole chapter dedicated to explaining the science of halo, how things would work on an actual halo, and how an halo could actually exist, pretty kewl stuff.

Did you beat it on Legendary?

I did, and I thought I saw something that looked like the Death Star from Star Wars at the very end. o__O

Queen said:
Did you beat it on Legendary?

I did, and I thought I saw something that looked like the Death Star from Star Wars at the very end. o__O

It was a planet covered in forerunner glyphs. (possibly onyx, or another shield world)

Xavier said:
It was a planet covered in forerunner glyphs. (possibly onyx, or another shield world)
Ah. I haven't read the books, but I've got a vague idea of some things because of the Wiki. I still don't know much of the story, come to think of it.

And what's with Johnson dying? You could whack him a bajillion times before you fought Guilty Spark, and he'd just get back up. Is GS really that powerful?

Ive got a question! The ark is a safezone! out of the milky way galaxy so it is out of the range of the remaining halo rings ... sooo why did Truth go there to begin the "great journey"?! it wouldnt work!!

Grunts Deserve Shields Too said:
Ive got a question! The ark is a safezone! out of the milky way galaxy so it is out of the range of the remaining halo rings ... sooo why did Truth go there to begin the "great journey"?! it wouldnt work!!
the ark can remotely fire all the ring in the milky way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back