Whos more annoying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was abducted at the age of 8, physically altered and mentally overhauled just to become a disposable supersoldier funded by a shady Military Branch no one likes, yeah, I would have the right to be bitchy about it. Kat or any other Noble team member is no exception.

I might be the only one not annoyed by anyone in the game, because I actually value having members on my team rather than spend an enitre mission alone watching helpless Marines die and no one there to gun for me in my Warthog.

Definitely Kat.

I always loved Cortana's character, though in Halo: CE the voice acting was poor compared to the next 2 games, and it was too full of techno-babble. She seemed less robotic in 2 and 3, with much more emotion. So by the time the Halo 3 "Cortana moments" rolled around, I didn't mind them at all, because they filled in some plot details and tied in the books a little, while being cleverly disguised loading screens. Don't tell me you never noticed that Halo 3's initial load screens tended to be way shorter than 2's or CE's...

As for Kat, I hate the accent/voice acting. I also just dislike her personality. She seems very arrogant, dismissive, disrespectful.

-She seems to believe she's an amazing soldier when she's the one with the prosthetic arm due to an injury sustained in combat.

-She's disrespectful to her commanding officer (case in point: her sarcastic line "Story of my life" and then "You're in my light Commander")

-Finally, she just acts like a b*tch in Winter Contigency when Six alerts her that he's found something and is handing it over to her. She snatches it out of his hand and growls "Not your domain".

Not to mention her A.I. is abismal....
Just remember, before you all go bashing on Kat: you are a living testament to what she deems her own personal failure (Thom dying in the Deliver Hope trailer). She has a very good reason to be a bit b*tchy.

She's half-justified in bitching at Six, but not at the rest of the team, her sardonic jabs at Emile, or her straight insubordination in her record.

Just remember, before you all go bashing on Kat: you are a living testament to what she deems her own personal failure (Thom dying in the Deliver Hope trailer). She has a very good reason to be a bit b*tchy.

Carter has the same feelings of guilt regarding Thom's death, yet he doesn't act anything like Kat does. So, I don't think Thom's death is a suitable excuse for Kat's behavior.

She's half-justified in bitching at Six, but not at the rest of the team, her sardonic jabs at Emile, or her straight insubordination in her record.

Yea, but Emile and Jorge went at it a couple times as well if I remember right.

I gotta say that the person I found the most annoying was Jun. You would think that the sniper would understand the importance of stealth and precision. Not stand straight up, practically in your back pocket, and treat is sniper rifle like an AR while your trying to line up good shots. Of course, that could just be me playing that mission too much, but still, he fricken annoys the hell outa me.

The entire team was upset to have lost Thom. However, the only one who didn't put that aside for the good of the team was Kat. Carter was happy to have Noble at full strength again, Jorge realized the greater good (and his subordination) after 26 years of war with the Covenant, plus many more before, Emile just killed things regardless, and Jun didn't appear to care. Kat was outright mean to Six, and insubordinate to Carter and Holland. Her behavior was poor and her decorum, almost non-existent.

The entire team was upset to have lost Thom. However, the only one who didn't put that aside for the good of the team was Kat. Carter was happy to have Noble at full strength again, Jorge realized the greater good (and his subordination) after 26 years of war with the Covenant, plus many more before, Emile just killed things regardless, and Jun didn't appear to care. Kat was outright mean to Six, and insubordinate to Carter and Holland. Her behavior was poor and her decorum, almost non-existent.
100% agreed.

If I was abducted at the age of 8, physically altered and mentally overhauled just to become a disposable supersoldier funded by a shady Military Branch no one likes, yeah, I would have the right to be bitchy about it. Kat or any other Noble team member is no exception.

I might be the only one not annoyed by anyone in the game, because I actually value having members on my team rather than spend an enitre mission alone watching helpless Marines die and no one there to gun for me in my Warthog.

Ummmm. Weren't Spartan-III's all volunteers?

they volunteered to jump (those who did) but they still were technically "abducted" to get to the jumping =P

They were also all orphans, homeless, or otherwise alone in the galaxy before being taken. At the jump they were offered the opportunity to help get rid of the last of the insurrectionists and the Covenant, in exchange for their service as career soldiers. None of them had to do it, unlike the Spartan-IIs, and before the jump they were offered the chance to go back to their previous lives with no memory of the dropship happenings.

Kat wasn't unique in anyway except that she felt it was truly her fault that Thom died, because it was her task to deliver the bomb and she became unable to complete it, so he took the bomb instead. I wouldn't say that she was right in being such a bitch, but at least she had a bit more of a reason than just ''Thom died, you're replacing him," even if it is simply "I got Thom killed, you're his replacement".

After a lifetime of training and conditioning, you'd think those kind of emotions would fall by the wayside, even as their brothers fell. I mean, you read about it all the time in the Halo novels. The most you see from the Spartan-II's is a moment's hesitation, some internal reflection, or a comment on it, but they realize it's for the best to carry on, and honor their fallen comrades' memory by making their deaths mean something. Kat just seems to take out her grief and post-traumatic stress on everyone, instead of focusing it through a productive means.

And let's compare Kat's situation to Six's for a moment. He was one of three survivors of Beta Company. Three hundred young men and women who he trained with for years, and came to know as family. It was just by sheer luck that he was pulled out of Beta shortly before the Raid on Pegasi Delta, otherwise he would have died, with them. Or maybe it weighs on his conscience that he could have possibly saved some of them. He was removed from Beta because of his above-average skills and abilities. He's been described as being "More akin to a hyper-lethal vector than a soldier" and there's only one other Spartan with that ranking. (John-117) Master Chief can and has pulled off impossible feats that have saved his brethren, and I'm fairly certain Six knows about that propaganda.

But, even knowing all of his friends, his brothers and sisters, died, he doesn't let that get in his way. He remains cold and precise. Kat has no sense of decorum, and, frankly, sucks as an ally AI.

Im about sick of Kat running me over, blowng me up, pushing me off of things, shooting me in the back of the head, getting stuck and rolling into me, or just plain talking. I basically dont like any missions before she dies, because of how bad she is at the game. Also, she only carries around a tiny pistol, so shes basically useless.

I almost hate Jun as much too. All he does is point out the obvious, blow my cover, and snipe me in the back of the head. He cant even kill a sleeping grunt. I was sneakin up on a B.O.B. about to assasinate it, and he started shootin at a sleeping grunt from about 5 feet away, and missed all four times.

Somehow the halfjaws did not notice the sound, so i tried to asassinate the B.O.B. I successfully got behind him, started the asassination, and then Jun sniped me trying to take my kill.....................

then he said "nice shot 6" like that was my fault or something

i would say Jun. Jun knows nothing about stealth. When they had the challenge for the speed run on legendary, I chose nightfall. Every time I got to the large pylon, I would try to sneak around and assassinate the elites, and then "BOOM" I've either been betrayed, or he missed and the elite turned around, looked at me and hit me with a sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back