Why The H2 Odst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemec

How come everyone is making H2 ODST armor and almost nobody is working on the H3 version. Personally I like the H3 ODST body suits alot more. They just look more fitting with their role as "shock troopers" while the H2 varient looks more like a life guard.

This thread is not exactly necessary.

Everything here is personal preference. Both the H2 and H3 versions of the ODST armor are totally awesome.

There are a lot of people working on the halo 3 version, just because they don't post that their working on it doesn't mean their not.
I think a lot of new people like to start with something simple that still looks cool, the halo 2 ODST fits into that category pretty well.

I guess what I was getting at was completely lost when I typed that. There's not alot of references for H3 ODSTs (H3-O, because Im sick of typing all that out) and everyones thread about ODSTs is "My H2-O". Plus, the pep wiki only has H2-O's. I did manage to find the WETA files though.

Link, are you building yours from scratch then?

theres a gallery with pics in it......my helmet is 50:50 my armor should be scratch built

Im doin the H2 Odst, because well, it seemed simpler to me, then the halo3 or any of the master chief variants I figured that this would be a good "starter" armor.

Well, The Halo 2 ODST Helmet Is SO Simple to make, The Pep anyway.

Im sure most people just use H2 ODST for practice.

I prefer the H3 ODST. Unless someone makes an HD version of the H2 ODST helmet, I don't see myself building one anytime soon.

Well to be honest, the H3 version is a lot of work/detail work. The H2 version is just a bit easer, and a good learning project.

Nemec said:
How come everyone is making H2 ODST armor and almost nobody is working on the H3 version. Personally I like the H3 ODST body suits alot more. They just look more fitting with their role as "shock troopers" while the H2 varient looks more like a life guard.
i LOVE the H3 ODST way more then the H2!!!! i would shoot someone for real ODST armor. but Balmung, djmiller, and myself are fixing to start on our armor, im making odst H3

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most of the appeal of the H2 odst is that it's just so simple...

Although I have been seeing more people mention that they'd like a higher def H2 helmet, so maybe after I clear up some projects and get some free time I could eventually get to that...

I think a lot of people are also pretty unsure about how to finish a Halo 3 set of armor, so they're waiting for someone else to finish and post how they did it. Building the armor itself is pretty easy, but the undersuit and armor mounting system is a lot more complicated than it looks. Well, making it look like the weta one, anyway.

I've received a ton of PMs asking if I ever worked up a drawing for a undersuit/ strapping/ mounting setup for the weta odst, but I haven't gotten to it yet and probably will not for awhile.

Ya It's personal preference. I personally Like ODST from Halo 2 alot more in Halo 3. They look cool and all but in game you rarely see them. In Halo 2 they where more utilized in the battlefield. Also this one scene you get from the multi player pack was amazing.

"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back