Wiki!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have a page with all the (future) regiments. And then (future) Regiments rep could make a page for each State and detail it.

LastSpartan said:
We should have a page with all the (future) regiments. And then (future) Regiments rep could make a page for each State and detail it.

check out the pep section

Last edited by a moderator:
Vrogy said:
Holy ****. This is getting comprehensive.
http://halocostuming.pbwiki.com/pepakura

4 hours and 20 'pages' later... my hand hurts...

I dont think we should have random people being able to access the editing tools... i propose that we just post the access code here instead of on the main page.... How that sound Vrogy??

Xavier said:
4 hours and 20 'pages' later... my hand hurts...

I dont think we should have random people being able to access the editing tools... i propose that we just post the access code here instead of on the main page.... How that sound Vrogy??

Negatory, dude- read up on how wikis work. Great work on the article, though.

Vrogy said:
Negatory, dude- read up on how wikis work. Great work on the article, though.

well i know how wiki's work, but still..

and that article... is about half way done id say...

Awesome idea guys. This'll make things so much easier to find things.

I agree with Xavier. Prob needs a bit more detail in resining and some stuff on painting as well.

JoobiDoob said:
Awesome idea guys. This'll make things so much easier to find things.

I agree with Xavier. Prob needs a bit more detail in resining and some stuff on painting as well.

oh well... i havent even started any of that part of the wiki... i got burnt out just getting there... tomorrow ill work on it some more... bonding will probably come Friday..

I would advise that some of these pages are sent through a spellcheck program (for example, discrepancies in 'your' and 'you're').

Other than that, I'm extremely impressed.

Primal Weyland said:
I would advise that some of these pages are sent through a spellcheck program (for example, discrepancies in 'your' and 'you're').

Other than that, I'm extremely impressed.

well i used the Firefox spell check... but your right... im finding a lot of them when i search "your"

also, thats not mine.... i just xfered it over from the stickied thread.

We'll i went through and fixed all the "your"s but yes i think it would be helpful... cuz im going to be moslty concentrating on transfering the tutorials... which are the ones with the bad grammar (i only had one grammar error in the part i wrote)

Robogenisis said:
The wikia site is now up. They changed the link to costuming.wikia.com. We should start editing that one.

ive spent too much time formatting the pbwiki... some1 else can convert it, but i wont redo everything... aleast not for now.

Xavier said:
ive spent too much time formatting the pbwiki... some1 else can convert it, but i wont redo everything... aleast not for now.
Workin' on it ;)

EDIT:
I've finished converting the Pepakura and Safety sections to the new wikia site. I've edited and re-orinized a bit too.

Methinks we should split up the Pepakura article into three sections: How to use the program, how to make your suit, and download database.

Unique Name said:
Methinks we should split up the Pepakura article into three sections: How to use the program, how to make your suit, and download database.

the Dl Database is getting revamped, im waiting till its done to repost all the links.

Robogenisis said:
Workin' on it ;)

EDIT:
I've finished converting the Pepakura and Safety sections to the new wikia site. I've edited and re-orinized a bit too.

hey robo... the um pictures are all gone..

also dude.. when i made the pep section on pbwiki (which i did all by myself) i gave the people who wrote the original stuff (from our forums) credit... you gotta credit your sources dude.

I made a logo picture to do a little help and started on the main page... I think its pretty spiffy

Keegan said:
I made a logo picture to do a little help and started on the main page... I think its pretty spiffy

Tell me, why would a costuming wiki have a 405th logo? o_O

Seriously, I noticed that they'd screwed up the url last night right before I went to bed.. We should really get a better one before we start sending info over, unless we're prepared to restructure the wiki once some cosplay kids come along.
I've contacted the wikia folks about this.

Also.. if anyone uses information from external sources, make it a quote, and give credit, or paraphrase and give credit. I'm finding florid academic prose next to 405th slang, and it sticks out like a sore thumb. Remember, Google knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back