Wildfire Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tcgore678

Not sure if a topic like this exists, or if this is even where this belongs, but I want to bring attention to a very serious problem. Here in the USA many states are suffering from severe droughts, one of the worst being Texas. My town Magnolia is surrounded on all sides by wildfires burning more than a total of 89,000 acres, and more than 1200 homes. I am pretty soon to be evacuated as a wildfire that has already claimed several of my friends houses is burning not even a mile down the road. So, I'd like for everyone here to pray for all those victims, and wish them luck in they're struggles. Hopefully the fire won't reach me, and I can continue costuming, but if it does, I'll know that I'm not alone, and I'll be praying for my friends and family that are in the same struggle. Thanks guys.

Sincerely,

Tristan Gore

That's terrible :( I hope everything will be ok for you, your family and your friends!

Well, the winds changed directions and the fire is now moving in the opposite direction, but it's still getting bigger, so we set up a temporary shelter at my house. Thank you for your concern!

Don't know where Magnolia is, but you can sometimes see the fires as far away as dallas, I hope they stop these freaking things soon! Praying for you man, hoping some leftover hurricane rain can find it's way to you

Don't know where Magnolia is, but you can sometimes see the fires as far away as dallas, I hope they stop these freaking things soon! Praying for you man, hoping some leftover hurricane rain can find it's way to you

Magnolia is I believe Northeast of Houston, by Tomball. You can probably see the plumes in Dallas during the daylight. Hopefully things die down over night. And I'd love rain more than anything. But it's just so dry here.

Hopefully it does go away, i maybe to far away to see any flames, but i smell the smoke everytime i go outside or open a window, smells like BBQ, lol, but seriously, winds are blowing all the smoke toward my city. :( Im about four hours from Houston and i was completly surprised when i found out where the smell was coming from. Hell, im breathing the stuff in as i type, its getting in through the ac. :|

Here in Austin for the last two days we have had 4 different areas outside of the city have wildfires. There have been close to 500 homes destroyed. My brother's neighborhood had to be evacuated last night and I haven't heard any updates since. I have heard of a family friend lose the house that they lived in for over 65 years. There is a slight haze over the city now. Best of luck to all those affected. I'm sorry for your loss

Here in Austin for the last two days we have had 4 different areas outside of the city have wildfires. There have been close to 500 homes destroyed. My brother's neighborhood had to be evacuated last night and I haven't heard any updates since. I have heard of a family friend lose the house that they lived in for over 65 years. There is a slight haze over the city now. Best of luck to all those affected. I'm sorry for your loss

I haven't lost anything. But I'll be praying for you. The fire is around 32000 acres by you and zero percent contained. BUT it's heading northwest away from the capitol, so hopefully you'll be alright.

But updates on the fire here. The head of it has been put out, but it is by no means safe. There's still fires in random pockets throughout my town, and the wind has picked back up. The fires started back up where it first began yesterday, and people are looting and everything else. Random flash fires are also beginning throughout town. All I can do is pray and give what I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back