Will Bondo Hardener Work On Resin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it will but I can give it a try and let you know in about 30mins or less. I have some extra laying around.

@gmstrowabarton: Awesome thanks man :D

Rondo can work without resin catalyst, so I think resin can harden with bondo hardener, but Im not sure.

I have used it before to harden my resin when i didn't have any. It worked, but seemed to be a bit more brittle than usual. I made it pretty thick and with no fiberglass inside. still pretty strong though. and it turns it a nice red color!

dubean33 said:
I have used it before to harden my resin when i didn't have any. It worked, but seemed to be a bit more brittle than usual. I made it pretty thick and with no fiberglass inside. still pretty strong though. and it turns it a nice red color!

Oh cool red :p

well you say it works, so lets wait for gmstrowabarton,

for a second opinion :D

gmstrowabarton said:
Well I just mixed it up so we will see.

Cool Im excited

if it works Im totally going outside and resin my armor red :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the verdict

DSC00318.jpg

I am holding it about foot off the ground by just the plastic cup that I mixed it in. the light red is just some old bondo left on there the deep red is the resin & bondo hardener

Edit: looking at it now it looks like blood

gmstrowabarton said:
I am holding it about foot off the ground by just the plastic cup that I mixed it in. the light red is just some old bondo left on there the deep red is the resin & bondo hardener

Edit: looking at it now it looks like blood

oH!!! Kool-Aid :p

like the color for pep :p, I bet this will help if you want to add multiple coats of resin in a pep piece :)

BTW

How much hardener did you added?

and is it dry already?

The harder I just kind of eyed putting in and probably put more in than was needed so I would say play around with small batches to get the right amount. I pretty much is hard right now it was a little warm still so I would say it was still curing.

Daeouse4361 said:
I stand corrected. :rolleyes

lol :p

I used it yesterday, but it takes more time to harden or was it just to cold outside???

I dont know, but it hardened now and it looks beast!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back