William S715

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperDriverWill

Good Day Folks, how are you all? I'm Will obviously lol. SO I am printing my Armor from a 3D Printer (Honestly, I will do an EVA foam build at some point, just thanks to life being extra challenging lately we need a suit bigger than my Mandalorian so why not fulfill another fantasy.....I am thinking we're going to go with an ODST Helmet (Printing that first) then either Master Chief's Halo 4 or 5 Torso and Chest in addition to his under suit from that. Would any one have the templates on those? THE UNDERSUIT that is. The armor we are doing a-OK with. Probably going to give a light glassing of fiber hehehehe see what I did there? Reach joke..or too soon.....

I'll post WIP on this thread. Thanks! Nice to make your acquaintance. I posted some pictures of my Mandalorian. However, I can assure you this will be strictly my Halo Build after this post. Feel free to PM me about any questions you guys would have on making Mandalorians as I am happy to answer them.

EDIT: THANK YOU INTERNET FOR IT BEING SO EASY AS TO INPUT IN MY GAMERTAG AND BOB'S YOUR UNCLE!

This is the tentative design.
-Will

Attachments

• 56474595_2298370760483206_5151605554048663552_n.jpg
    56474595_2298370760483206_5151605554048663552_n.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 199
  • 56610475_2298370753816540_4582538158448574464_n.jpg
    56610475_2298370753816540_4582538158448574464_n.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 206
  • S715.PNG
    S715.PNG
    191.5 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Heya ViperDriverWill, let me be the first to welcome you to the 405th!

User Alpha appears to printing out a Halo 4/5 suit, so you may want to talk to him about his experience so far. Looking forward to following your progress, as I know Phauxelate is looking to print his next set of gear, though he's shooting for an earlier halo.

I dont know of any undersuit templates. There may be one hidden deep within our archives, but your best choice of action is probably making a dummy by duct taping your body, and drawing by hand the suit from there. Then cut it out and sew it. There are also some zentai suits that are "painted" into the morph suit. You could go with that, or even add things onto it to give it depth.

Random Ranger is exactly right. We have 3d printed 5 armors so far. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Welcome to the 405th!

I actually have a couple questions that Google does not at all help run...

Do you mold your prints after finishing them in case you need a new piece you don't have to re-print it? If so, what's your method?

How long did it take for one if your suits to print, and what heights of person?

And you can answer this, how much filament on rough estimate do you think will be used for someone who's 6ft 2? For sake of example let's say the standard Mk. VI suit.

I'd be very happy if you can answer these :)

I actually have a couple questions that Google does not at all help run...

Do you mold your prints after finishing them in case you need a new piece you don't have to re-print it? If so, what's your method?
That depends on what the piece is. If I plan on making multiples (say more than five) and the part isn't that large I'll go to town. Silicone is expensive and time consuming so I often just don't go that extra step. Another consideration is if the part can be used for other folks as well and you can offset the costs of mould setup by selling a few castings.

How long did it take for one if your suits to print, and what heights of person?
Spartan Daisy-023 was 45 days of machine time for a SPARTAN-II fully printed. Wearer is ~175cm with SpartanThighsThatSaveLives and hockey player build.
Spartan B34N was 29 days of machine time for a SPARTAN-III which had no helmet, shoulders or belt printed. Wearer is ~150cm and a rugby player build.

And you can answer this, how much filament on rough estimate do you think will be used for someone who's 6ft 2? For sake of example let's say the standard Mk. VI suit.
Based on Daisy being a Mk. VI I used 8 spools of material roughly when not accounting failed prints or mis-sized pieces. There's always a bit of leftovers on each spool but for peace of mind I usually swap out a spool of filament if it drops below 200g and I'm starting a new print that needs that sort of amount.

I'd be very happy if you can answer these :)
I tried?

TurboCharizard beat me to it. His numbers are pretty similar to mine. Molding is pretty darn expensive and sometimes it is cheaper to print more copies. Only downside is that you have to clean up the prints to make them shine. It gets easier as you learn more. But when you are first starting, expect some bad scaling and failed prints to add to your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.