[Wip] Dark Magic Knight Wolzard - Grin The Mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grin

This topic started out as "405Th! Unite Under The Banner Of... Power Rangers?" and I was originally looking for pics of all the armor pieces for Koragg/Knight Wolf/Wolzard from Mystic Force/Magiranger... and I've found what I wanted.

Now comes the fun part: Building the 3d model, exporting it to .mqo, and pepping it. After that, everything else is going to go pretty much the same as any MC or ODST armor build. ***Updated: Maya can save the file or export it as 3ds, or so it seems.

This will be a full progress thread, from render to final build.

Essentially:

1. Find images (CHECK!)

2. Make renders (In progress)

3. Make PDO(s)

4. Make pep(s)

5. Reinforce/finish build

6. ??? (Probably making molds)

7. PROFIT!!!

If anyone has advice or other resources (help is always welcome) please inform me by PM or post it here... Images of my current renders will be posted later today, but for now... REFERENCES!

http://www.supersentai.com/database/2005_magiranger/images/magi-vi-wolzard.jpg (Close-up, Front, Side, and back views. Small scale)

http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2/gallery/d/33818-6/Wolzard+_front_.JPG (Action Figure, close-up.)

Current Status: On Hold, working on the MMPR Green Ranger. I might Pep the shield.

well the original helmets were motocycle helmets with vynal over most of the lens and some sculpting to make the animal/dino design. the mouth was cut out with one of the white drama masks put int and painted. they are really very simple to make. however the armor is a different story. the green and white armor i think were actually stitched cloth and foam. the rangers have always been about mounting foam and plastic over stuff you can buy from walmart.

LT-GRAVE said:
well the original helmets were motocycle helmets with vynal over most of the lens and some sculpting to make the animal/dino design. the mouth was cut out with one of the white drama masks put int and painted. they are really very simple to make. however the armor is a different story. the green and white armor i think were actually stitched cloth and foam. the rangers have always been about mounting foam and plastic over stuff you can buy from walmart.

Thanks for the info!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking around, and I haven't found crap when it comes to renders and pdos... BUT a friend of mine found 3 images from an ebay listing and posted them in his Livejournal .

These ones have much better lighting and alignment than the others, so I should be able to render it (with some help from one wonderful Q&A team member). However, if anyone has other suggestions on what I should do regarding rendering, or other processes I can use to get a model out of this, I'm all ears... Or would that be eyes? >.>

Updated topic, it's now a Work In Progress thread. This post is to put it back up in the list.

Unfortunately, I seem to be having trouble with finding an efficient method for modeling the helmet. If anyone has some advice for modeling helmets in Maya, it would be a great boon. For right now though, I shall continue with my current method, to see if that still works.

This project is temporarily on hold... I'm building the pep for dungbeetle's green ranger helmet, so I can get a feel for what needs to be done regarding the wolzard model.

Update: Well, my skills with hot glue are becoming more polished, and the Green(Dragon) Ranger helmet is coming along nicely. Once I'm finished with it, I'll start on the 3d model for the Wolzard helmet. Pictures of current progress will be posted. (If that's allowed by forum rules)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back