Props WIP Halo 3 BR55HB SR Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely, if theres enough interest id be glad to make them available for everyone. the individual parts will be cast separately and sold in unpainted ready to assemble kits will all the screws etc included, no ammo counter ( you can get those from Gokussj5okazu). ill post more info on that the farther i get to completing it. ill have to talk over pricing with some other members who have been doing this longer.

ps i would also build and finish kits for those who are willing to pay more.

Update- sorry nop pics today guys, but each piece exept the scope rail/tac computer area has been trimmed of excess foam, curves started where the parts are less blocky (foregrip, cheek rest, etc) and coated in one layer of resin. then each part has excess resin drips sanded off and block sanded to roughen up the surface for bondo. each part now has bondo applied and is waiting for sanding tomorrow.

how sturdy does this have to be to mold it?

MandoMan531 said:
absolutely, if theres enough interest id be glad to make them available for everyone. the individual parts will be cast separately and sold in unpainted ready to assemble kits will all the screws etc included, no ammo counter ( you can get those from Gokussj5okazu). ill post more info on that the farther i get to completing it. ill have to talk over pricing with some other members who have been doing this longer.

ps i would also build and finish kits for those who are willing to pay more.

you know you cant sell an ulimited ammount like a store mabie twice a month or something post a limited ammount of BR's

Last edited by a moderator:
if i were you, i'd make a jig for the rifle, that is if you'e plan on selling kits. you could make the jig in pieces just small enough so that when you put the material over the jig and trimmed it, it would come out propper size. Then you could produce pieces without having to measure and custom cut each piece, just place over jig, line it up and cut. I'd be intersted in buying one.

your MA5C...i look at it and it looks like Pep but there are lines on it that looks like CB?? what is it made of?
good luck with you molding too! i would really like to try molding but $$$ is the problem...and time (which i don't have much as of now) i'll being following along to get some pointers!

its pep and foam core. the lines are just the camera messing up.

as for casting maybe i could get away with casting the first copy or 2 in Rondo?

just a 1:1 mix of bondo and resin and poured in the molds. i know people have casted in rondo before.

as for the molds...for a part like the upper receiver and lower receiver i could probably just fasten the flat surface that meets when its assembled to a baseboard and paint the silicone over it. for the more complex parts im not sure.

after thinking it over for awhile i think the forward rails will be cut out of 1/8th inch aluminum sheet and attached to a cast front connector and ammo counter piece. for any other units i make for other members or whatever itll probably be 1/8th inch plastic sheet unless they really want the metal.

Ok a little update guys, i used some bondo and glazing putty on the BR parts and sanded and primered them. so far i got the upper receiver, magazine and foregrip done about 75%. i did a little brainstorming today and decided the forgrip will have a rubberized coating on it. perhaps the pistol grip as well.

is there anything you guys would like to see me add to this? anything from coatings to the smallest little detail. i think i already got my paint picked out. anyways, the pics....

Picture202.jpg

Picture201.jpg

Picture200.jpg

Picture199.jpg

Ok a little update guys, i used some bondo and glazing putty on the BR parts and sanded and primered them. so far i got the upper receiver, magazine and foregrip done about 75%. i did a little brainstorming today and decided the forgrip will have a rubberized coating on it. perhaps the pistol grip as well.

is there anything you guys would like to see me add to this? anything from coatings to the smallest little detail. i think i already got my paint picked out. anyways, the pics....

Picture202.jpg

Picture201.jpg

Picture200.jpg

Picture199.jpg

and i decided the bigger peices will be cast in liquid plastic, the small front connector and perhaps the ammo counter in rondo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back