WIP Jetpack - 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

xhimpei

Jr Member
Hello all

Just started work on jetpack model, as I can't post in 3D forum, I've stuck the thread here (perhaps some kindly mod can shift it to it's proper place?) Anyway Here it is so far, reference images pinched from this thread

frontjetpack.jpg

leftjetpack.jpg

perspectivejetpack.jpg

Just blocking out basic shapes for the most part, at the moment. I can already tell this model is going to be a pain in the rear to complete. . .

Attachments

• frontjetpack.jpg
    frontjetpack.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 329
  • leftjetpack.jpg
    leftjetpack.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 343
  • perspectivejetpack.jpg
    perspectivejetpack.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 309
its lookin awesome so far it would be cool if u could model it to fit the fron t of someone chest like lex's very high def new file

I guess im too late then:p Looking great! Now I don't have to worry about having to make the jetpack model at the same time as school:p

Btw, Man where did you get those reference pictures?:3

I guess im too late then:p Looking great! Now I don't have to worry about having to make the jetpack model at the same time as school:p

Btw, Man where did you get those reference pictures?:3

Haha sorry, dude - didn't think anyone else was giving this a shot at the moment, didn't mean to step on your toes.

There's a link in my first post as to where I pinched the reference pictures from.

re: Ka5p3r, That's a pretty good idea, I may well do that in the final stages of the model just to get it right. More focused on getting the details right at the moment, though as there's a lot more going on in this piece that I initially thought. going to be tough to get it up to the standards of some of the other work I've seen on the forums. . .

A wee update. Had a good look at the model, and it's going to be in a good few parts. a good few complicated parts. got the "legs" of the backpack done, now (apart from mirroring the sub-objects) and i'm pretty pleased with it. Comments/Crits?

leftjetpack-1.jpg

frontjetpack-1.jpg

perspectivejetpack-1.jpg

Attachments

• leftjetpack-1.jpg
    leftjetpack-1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 346
  • frontjetpack-1.jpg
    frontjetpack-1.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 412
  • perspectivejetpack-1.jpg
    perspectivejetpack-1.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 354
I can tell this is going to be a lot of fun in pep but like usual it'll only take me about 10 minutes to make a pep file, Xhimpei I'm going to send you a PM to see about having something done.

Strong work! Not sure if this is the right direction but pep seems fine but this in a slice'd form to me would be nice. Would allow for foam (light weight) to be instituted for the bulk of it with options to add the details or even be part of them for the CNC'rs and such out there. Just an option!

Strong work! Not sure if this is the right direction but pep seems fine but this in a slice'd form to me would be nice. Would allow for foam (light weight) to be instituted for the bulk of it with options to add the details or even be part of them for the CNC'rs and such out there. Just an option!

Cheers, buddy! Noobish question, but what dyou mean by "sliced" form?

Also, check your PM's, Nintendude ;)

Sliced form is another way of doing pepakura files by making "slices" of a 3D Model think of sliced cheese. People are able to take these slices and trace the slices onto cardboard or foam board and then cut the pieces out and glue the slices together to make a solid part.

Sliced form is another way of doing pepakura files by making "slices" of a 3D Model think of sliced cheese. People are able to take these slices and trace the slices onto cardboard or foam board and then cut the pieces out and glue the slices together to make a solid part.

Aah right, that sounds quite interesting. Not sure how I'd set that up in Max, though. or even if it'd be practical for this model. Any threads on here which discuss that kind of thing?

I personally would prefer to have a version that is NOT sliced. I want the open room inside to place electronics and junk.

I'll have a nosy at that, Nintendude, Cheers.

that's kind of what I was thinking, Arioch. It's kinda being constructed in such a way that if people wanted to articulate the arms, etc then they'd be free to. I'd love to see someone make the end product and fit servos, etc so that it all functions properly :)

I'll be building the first one that's for sure with servos in the exaust openings the two flaps on the back of the jetpack, I'll probably put some red superbright LEDs in the exaust ports as well so it will look like I'm preparing to blast off. I wonder if I can rig the electronics though so that the LEDs only turn on when the flaps open.

Yes pep would allow for the open-ness right off the bat. My mind sees the sliced version allowing for stability without the need for resin/bondo/rondo. Taking the normal plywood to create the slices and then removing the interior to creating a well formed foundation for the fun parts (ie electronics). Either way the people here have the know how and ability to create it from either side I am sure. Just my little side note.

Problem with that though is for a Jetpack for example if it was done with plywood slices the Jetpack would weigh about 20 or so pds.

Right, here's where I'm currently at. Starting to get some detail in it, now. looking pretty tidy, if i do say so myself :)

@ WraithPrime - Yes, hopefully!

perspectivejetpack-2.jpg

frontjetpack-2.jpg

Comments/crits appreciated as always, guys and gals.

Attachments

• frontjetpack-2.jpg
    frontjetpack-2.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 386
  • perspectivejetpack-2.jpg
    perspectivejetpack-2.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 347
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back