[WIP] Mass Effect : Cerberus Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gixxer

Jr Member
Hey all .. im "trying" to build an armor called Cerberus Guardian from Mass Effect. I will be not following the exact color just coz i hate white . LOL. This will be my first scratch build foam project. i dont hv access to plasti-dip, the usual EVA-foam u guys used. so i had to settle with a thin 4mm foam and diluted PVA glue for sealing.

p/s: can i just use bondo to fill up the gaps ? anyone tried bondo on foam projects ?

IMAG1016-1.jpg

IMAG1032-1.jpg

IMAG1063-1.jpg

IMAG1064-1.jpg

IMAG1074.jpg

IMAG1083-1.jpg

IMAG1163.jpg

DSC_3259.jpg

DSC_3260.jpg

p/s: can i just use bondo to fill up the gaps ?

The short answer is "no". The long answer is bondo does not have the structure integrity to hold its own. That's where fiberglass comes in. Think of a piece of dried mud. When you bend the dried mud, the mud will crack.

i see . i have ALOT of gaps to be filled ..i guess i had to use glue gun or silicone sealant ?

Update : here's where i added silicone sealant at the gaps. isnt as clean as i hope. i will try it again. at least i got 1 piece done . ROFL

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

I have used fiberglass on a certain kind of foam. It comes in 17x11" sheets in a 12 pack from Wal-Mart, thin foam. Great stuff and fiberglass/bondo doesnt react or melt it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back