Wip - My Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gosemer

Jr Member
Well after loosing my Rougue helm in the move as well as my boots and shoulders, i took a lonnnng sabatical from my attempt at armor making. But now my son id 17 mnths old and i hv a bit more time(yeah right as if theres ever such thing as daddy time)and will be starting over.I am posting a couple of pictures of my lower leg pep.Its the Robogenisis/MrOreo smooth file.Great file..hard(for me anyway) to fold,but the results were very pleasing.This is my first attempt at using hotglue to pep so it took about 1/10th the time to do as woukld have using white glue lol.

Ok enough gabbing,on with the torture.I mean the pictures.

alexsbed003.jpg

Thisis front view..has a nice shape i think.Alex helping me .more like getting blue suckereverywhere..oh well what can ya do lol.

alexsbed001.jpg

Back veiw of the lower leg.Still great curves and shape.

alexsbed002.jpg

Side veiw of lower leg.If i set it on the same height as my leg is..it is a bit big(1-2 inches play around than my leg,but perfect in length.But no way in this cosmos my leg will fit in it lol.going to ahve to figure out how to make it open up and close tight.

any sugestiuons or critique would be greatly appreciated.

i made the thigh..it was wayyyyyyyyy too long but just right otherwise.Once i figure out how to modify it shorter but keep the diameter ill post pics of that too.Anyone hv this issue n hv to fix it?..ill take hints there too:)

alexsbed004.jpg

in the pictures you can seesomething that resembles gauze inside the piece.its actually bounty.i accidentaly found that when saturated with elmers glue and dried it becomes like concrete.So im using it as a method of locking the peice into the shape i need it .so it doesnt warp when i resin it i hope.also diy some braces for the inside to keep the thing spread apart.

well more to come. and this community is the greatest isnt it:)

good work keep it up! those Oreo pep files are great. You can also use popsicle sticks glued to scrap cardstock for supports. Without that 1000 pack of popsicle sticks my work would have look like crap :D

Liq said:
good work keep it up! those Oreo pep files are great. You can also use popsicle sticks glued to scrap cardstock for supports. Without that 1000 pack of popsicle sticks my work would have look like crap :D

haha got tobs of those sticks,,never thought iof that..thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back