(WIP)My First Project. Noble Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

EuphoricDorian

Edit- So after much debate with my friends, I have decided that I am going to attempt to make all of noble teams suits for me and a few friends. I will be jorge and they will be everyone else. They all live in different states except for 2 so I will just be charging them for cost of supplies and shipping. Sadly we are missing someone to be Kat, but we have until mid next year to find someone and have the suits completed.

I'm not sure what 'official' policy is, but making armour for friends isn't that big a deal. SELLING it, however.. you'll have to check up on that. I'd suggest finding out the cost of the materials you'd need, and then getting them to subsidise that cost. Selling models for a profit is generally frowned upon, but selling models to balance your budget is usually okay.

Well thats what the plan was. Just to make back what it cost to make the helmet and to ship it(most of them live in a different state than me) One of my friends just wants it in kit form basically with just the resin and fiberglass done. i was thinking 50 bucks should cover the cost of shipping and supplies needed. Does that sound about right to anyone who has done one before?

Edit-Just found out I get paid on the 24th so Im going to hopefully start my build then and start my friends helmet. She wants a Judge dredd helmet. I figured it wouldnt be super hard considering it doesnt cover the entire face. I already have the resin and such, so Ill just have her send me money for the cost of the paper and to ship it. I also Might be doing a full set of either noble team, or red vs blue for me and a bunch of friends. Still talking it over with them so Ill let you guys know what happens with it.

Sorry for the double post. Just a small update.
Ill be going to the store tomorrow to get some supplies so I can finally start on my build. Also going to try and do the rest of noble team for some friends. I need them done by mid next year. Think thats doable?
Ive also been toying around with the idea of not only doing jorge's armor, but trying to be jorge himself(like when I take off my helmet) I think I look pretty similar to him minus the age and scars as long as I keep my appearance the way it is now. What do you guys think?
JorgeNoHelmet.jpg

MeJorge1.jpg

MeJorge2.jpg

Not too bad there, the likeness is close. Much closer than me I'd say, but you'll need to grow your mustache fuller. As a side note, how tall are you in comparison to your friends? Jorge is the tallest on Noble 6 team by several inches.

hmmm. Not sure seeing as they are all in different states. I know I am taller than atleast 2 of them, and probably around the same as my other friends. As for the stache yeah I plan to grow it in thicker. Im in the army national guard though and I just had drill last weekend(not this past one). So It took me roughly a week to grow this out. I also have a friend who knows how to do stage make up so Im going to have him age me a bit and do the scar. Ill go ahead and ask all of them how tall they are. If worst comes to worst ill raise up the boots a bit

Just found out the tallest guy is 5'10" and Im 5'7"ish or so. I figure I can just use some raised boots or something to get that extra height boost.

Lol, did a quick search in halopedia...Jorge is huge, even by SPARTAN standards.
Height 223 centimetres (7 ft 4 in) Weight 145.2 kilograms (320 lb)
I'm 6'3" and 270, and I think I'm a "bit" small to pull off a respectable Jorge...LOL.
At least I have the age about right, I'll be 45 in August.

Lol yeah. It will be a stretch, but oh well. It will still be fun to do and hey, atleast I look similar to him. Thats probably more than most people can say who dress as him.....lol. But yeah i finally get to start on it tomorrow! Im freakin excited! I cant wait! This is gonna be so much fun! I might even have someone who does costume designing for a living create me a custom undersuit to be sent off and made =D
I feel like a little kid on christmas day...hahaha

Good luck on your project.I'll be watching your progess. Like you im doing my first pep as well. My suit is base on kats armor if you go look. If i have time and money I'll make a kt suit and just ware it, I sort of have a base frame of a girl. >..> no that i want it. But yea,any way good luck if you need the pep filesi have them all. So just contact me on msn.

Good luck on your project.I'll be watching your progess. Like you im doing my first pep as well. My suit is base on kats armor if you go look. If i have time and money I'll make a kt suit and just ware it, I sort of have a base frame of a girl. >..> no that i want it. But yea,any way good luck if you need the pep filesi have them all. So just contact me on msn.

Awesome! That will be a great help because Im missing TONS of files right now for jorge alone. id say I maybe have half? I might try and freehand the torso though to try and get it as accurate as possible. Not sure yet. Either way its gonna be fun! I have a bit of experience in the body work as it were, just not folding the pep itself, so heres to hoping it doesnt turn out warped! I hope to have the helmet atleast pepped and possibly resined tomorrow!

Quick update and a question. Im about to start on my jorge helmet here in a few mins, but which file do you guys reccomend. I have 2 right now im debating. Not sure about who made what and such, bu I will list the info i have. The first one is titled Jorge-052 unfold by BMcClain and the other is titled Jorge MK2 By ForgedReclaimer. My main question is which one is more accurate, or is there an even more accurate one then either of those. I have compared both to refrence pics and I cant decide. Thanks!

edit-also, will I need to rescale it? or is that generally just for the other parts?

I apologize for the three posts in a row =(
I do however have some pictures to show of my work. Im proud of it and disapointed at the same time. I was hoping to have more done than this, although I only worked on it for an hour or so maybe? Including timr to print and such.
IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

Looks god man, which helmet file did you decide on? I used ForgedReclaimer's for mine, but had to scratch build some of the details on it. The peps were just too small for my ogre hands.

Sorry for the double post. Just a small update.
Ill be going to the store tomorrow to get some supplies so I can finally start on my build. Also going to try and do the rest of noble team for some friends. I need them done by mid next year. Think thats doable?
Ive also been toying around with the idea of not only doing jorge's armor, but trying to be jorge himself(like when I take off my helmet) I think I look pretty similar to him minus the age and scars as long as I keep my appearance the way it is now. What do you guys think?
JorgeNoHelmet.jpg

MeJorge1.jpg

MeJorge2.jpg

Dude all i gotta say is wow you totally could fit the part of George

Good luck with your project. Just making the helmets, I'd say your deadline is certainly obtainable. If you're trying to do full suits, you may have some issues.

As far as your cost offset to have them pay you back so-to-speak. I'd say do one helmet (your Jorge helmet) and figure what the cost is for you to do that one and go from there. When I did my son's helmet. I think total cost of materials (paper, razor blades(I think I used three on his helmet), hot glue, bondo, smooth cast, fiberglass cloth, padding, visor, magic sculpt, bolts, JB Weld, foam and paint would total about $50 minimum just for that one part. I already had a lot of the materials, but the smooth cast I used was about $87 for a gallon kit that makes two gallons. I wound up using about a half of that gallon kit to reinforce his entire suit.

For height. . . . His size is obviously Ludicrous!!!!!! LOL :p When you make your boots, you can always make a thick sole for them out of foam and give yourself a couple inches. LOL!

It's good to know stage make up people. Aging lines and scars aren't too difficult to do though with some practice. Liquid latex or silicone work really well for that. And you have drill before you need to be Jorge, you can always get a fake one.

I have several files for I think all of the members of Noble team. If you have problems finding something, let me know and I'll see what I can dig up for you. Hope this helps and again, good luck on your project. I hope to see some more from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back